Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Orders Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...rs_692223.html

President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he'll now make $231,900 per year.

Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

Here's the list of new wages, as attached to President Obama's executive order:

-----------------------

But he can't cut federal spending, can come up with another Stimulus and says he will reduce federal debt.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I'm just wondering if these increased salaries, coupled with the seemingly-imminent tax increases that will result from the fiscal cliff, will result in a zero net change with respect to take-home pay?

Could he just be bumping salaries so his Beltway cronies (from both sides of the aisle) won't feel any real effect from the coming tax rate increases?

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    I'm just wondering if these increased salaries, coupled with the seemingly-imminent tax increases that will result from the fiscal cliff, will result in a zero net change with respect to take-home pay?

Could he just be bumping salaries so his Beltway cronies (from both sides of the aisle) won't feel any real effect from the coming tax rate increases?
    Gee, ya think?

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Do we hear any squawking about the fact he is raising salaries in a time when we need to cut spending by anybody in Regress... err Congress? Is there ANY leadership up there on either side of the swamp? Or are they all as blind, self centered and indifferent to the needs of the nation as the pied piper?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Do we hear any squawking about the fact he is raising salaries in a time when we need to cut spending by anybody in Regress... err Congress? Is there ANY leadership up there on either side of the swamp? Or are they all as blind, self centered and indifferent to the needs of the nation as the pied piper?

The District of Criminals crowd all get a pay raise. How nice...............
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some claim the President just lifted a pay freeze for all Federal workers.

According to an executive order issued last week, the freeze would be lifted for an 0.5% across-the-board increase in the first pay period after March 27, 2013.

The White House also issued an order last week extending the pay freeze in the interim to that March 27 date.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/theova...reeze/1799011/

How many ways can these dipsticks in DC give Americans the middle finger? And yet... since the Ministry of Propaganda, the State run Media (MSM) doesnt squawk about it... I guess its a non-isssue?

Oh yes, Mr President and Mr Speaker ... give us the finger again. We like it. /s
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Congress voted the other day to block the pay increase to members of the House, Senate, Vice President and Pres's cabinet. They did allow increases to other government workers.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post

No, he's actually being cleverer than that. Raising congressional salaries requires a revenue bill, i.e., an act of congress. By doing this via executive order, Obama is establishing that he can allocate funds beyond the intent of congress. If he gets away with it here, he will have a precedent that allows him to spend money without having the house initiate the bills.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I still say that Obama showered everybody with gifts (both parties).