Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Okay, you win.
    Everything electricity and Ben Franklin should be banned.

We need to stop these deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Perhaps, but I like trains. It's a white girl thing.

You're going to have to pry it from my cold dead fingers if you want it.
    Wait a minute, a massive elongated machine travelling through tight tunnels appeals to white girls? Your Freudian slip is showing.

And anti-gun activists claim that the gun is a phallic symbol...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Wait a minute, a massive elongated machine travelling through tight tunnels appeals to white girls? Your Freudian slip is showing.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And anti-gun activists claim that the gun is a phallic symbol...
    Then why wouldn't they want to see more of them?

You can't fight big train!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I purpose that we have Joe Biden sit down with the think tank that is DU and come up with some solutions for eliminating train violence in America.

We have to do this for the children because we know that it takes a depot.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

What we need is not gun control or train control but mental hospitals.

When the de-institutionalization trend started in the 70s, there were people in mental hospitals who didn't need to be there, who did not present a threat to themselves or others and could live either independently or with family.

Unfortunately, there are still people who need to be hospitalized-people who won't take their medications, people with violent impulses that not even medication can relieve, and so on. There are still going to be the occasional loon who slips through, or is young and hasn't been diagnosed yet, but there would be less of these types of shootings if crazy people were locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

When the de-institutionalization trend started in the 70s, there were people in mental hospitals who didn't need to be there, who did not present a threat to themselves or others and could live either independently or with family.

Unfortunately, there are still people who need to be hospitalized-people who won't take their medications, people with violent impulses that not even medication can relieve, and so on. There are still going to be the occasional loon who slips through, or is young and hasn't been diagnosed yet, but there would be less of these types of shootings if crazy people were locked up.
    Well said! you are 150% correct and I wish the government we have now could be honest enough to see this problem!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Agreed.

Not only would more mental health access help those who are thinking of doing something this crazy, but I think it would also eliminate a lot of homelessness.

http://mentalillnesspolicy.org/conse...tally-ill.html

A 2007 survey by the National Alliance to End Homelessness reported that there were approximately 744,000 homeless persons in the US. Among these, approximately two- thirds were single persons and one-third were families. One-quarter of the homeless persons were said to be chronically homeless. Numerous studies have reported that approximately one-third of homeless persons have a serious mental illness, mostly schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. The percentage is higher among those who are chronically homeless and among homeless women and is lower among homeless families. If overall one-third of homeless persons are seriously mentally ill, that means that there are approximately 250,000 homeless persons with serious mental illnesses in the US.

I can actually think of one bi-polar person who desperately needs to get help. He doesn't want to accept it, but he is a threat to society and himself. He's been violent with people in the past, often women. He can't hold down a job. He's done a lot of drunk driving and drugs. Thing is the system always treats it like a criminal issue. He's never in jail long if at all. He needs help. I'm afraid he doesn't get help or locked up for a long time soon, he'll end up dead.

Sorry to ruin the joke atmosphere.