Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    I wonder how that would be if you did enclose it in a pizza crust of some sort...
    Could try wrapping it in a soft flour tortilla, like a burrito.

Mercy! Now I really want one, darn it!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

After a false start with this last night (in the middle, I started having issues catching my breath...ended up in the ER and had breathing treatments, diagnosis was bronchitis)...we had this tonight. Ended up in two casserole dishes and since I was reheating it from a cold state, I baked it for 30 mins first. I did manage to get it in the casserole dishes and in the fridge before leaving for the ER but dirty pots, pans, etc were still waiting on me when I got home 7 hours later.

The second casserole dish is in the freezer and will be there for another day sometime in the future.

Also I made it with Rigatoni noodles as I did not have any Ziti in the house. Turned out pretty good.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    After a false start with this last night (in the middle, I started having issues catching my breath...ended up in the ER and had breathing treatments, diagnosis was bronchitis)...we had this tonight. Ended up in two casserole dishes and since I was reheating it from a cold state, I baked it for 30 mins first. I did manage to get it in the casserole dishes and in the fridge before leaving for the ER but dirty pots, pans, etc were still waiting on me when I got home 7 hours later.

The second casserole dish is in the freezer and will be there for another day sometime in the future.

Also I made it with Rigatoni noodles as I did not have any Ziti in the house. Turned out pretty good.
    Oh crap! I forgot to say you need some ventillation!! The peperoni grease will take your breath away!! I was hackin and I had a fan blowing at me and the hood vent on high! Sorry

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Oh crap! I forgot to say you need some ventillation!! The peperoni grease will take your breath away!! I was hackin and I had a fan blowing at me and the hood vent on high! Sorry
    NOW you tell me...okay, won't make that again in this house...we have NO exhaust fan in the kitchen (don't ask, we just rent the place and it's 70 years old).

I think my other issue was store brand pepperoni...not good quality! Told my husband we would not use that one again.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    NOW you tell me...okay, won't make that again in this house...we have NO exhaust fan in the kitchen (don't ask, we just rent the place and it's 70 years old).

I think my other issue was store brand pepperoni...not good quality! Told my husband we would not use that one again.
    I should add that warning to any recipe I post that has highly seasoned meat that has to be browned! Some spices can really gag you! Trust me, I know!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

WTF! Did you really send that nice Southern lady to the hospital. Dude!

You OK? How'd the dish turn out?
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    WTF! Did you really send that nice Southern lady to the hospital. Dude!

You OK? How'd the dish turn out?
    Yes, I am okay...resting and taking meds per doctor's orders. I see my PCP on Monday for a follow up to this.

Considering it was a day late going in the oven, turned out very well. My husband likes it. We are eating the leftovers for lunch at this point. The second one is nicely frozen and wrapped for a future date.

Liz
    —Benjamin Franklin