Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Oliver Stone to RT: ‘US has become an Orwellian state’ 
    Americans are living in an Orwellian state argue Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone and historian Peter Kuznick, as they sit down with RT to discuss US foreign policy and the Obama administration’s disregard for the rule of law.

*Both argue that Obama is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and that people have forgiven him a lot because of the “nightmare of the Bush presidency that preceded him.”

“He has taken all the Bush changes he basically put them into the establishment, he has codified them,” Stone told RT. “It is an Orwellian state. It might not be oppressive on the surface, but there is no place to hide. Some part of you is going to end up in the database somewhere.”

According to Kuznick, American citizens live in a fish tank where their government intercepts more than 1.7 billion messages a day. “That is email, telephone calls, other forms of communication.”

RT’s Abby Martin in the program Breaking the Set discusses the Showtime film series and book titled The Untold History of the United States co-authored by Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick.
    Read More>http://rt.com/news/oliver-stone-us-orwellian-022/
    Is the Hollywood branch of our government unhappy with things?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Buyer's remorse...too little, too late!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

We've been living in an Orwellian state ever since 9/11 which has only expanded under the puppet Obama... *the sound of crickets* coming from his loyal supporters.

The anti-terror apparatus was ALWAYS for American citizens and not turban-wearing radical muzzies hiding in caves halfway around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    We've been living in an Orwellian state ever since 9/11 which has only expanded under the puppet Obama... *the sound of crickets* coming from his loyal supporters.

The anti-terror apparatus was ALWAYS for American citizens and not turban-wearing radical muzzies hiding in caves halfway around the world.
    You do know it was Islamic terrorists that brought the buildings down don't you, not our government?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You do know it was Islamic terrorists that brought the buildings down don't you, not our government?
    Let me put it to you this way...

We may never know exactly what happened on 9/11 and I'll just leave it at that. I'm not getting into another discussion on my skeptism over the official story of that event. I do not owe anyone an explanation.

We may never know exactly what happened on 9/11 and I'll just leave it at that. I'm not getting into another discussion on my skeptism over the official story of that event. I do not owe anyone an explanation.
    I put that in a can and let it stand for one minute, when I dumped it out it said 911 truther. You have lost any credibility.
    In order to maintain your belief our military would have had to have been complicit in an attack on Americans on their own soil, you are beyond tinfoil hat territory here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I put that in a can and let it stand for one minute, when I dumped it out it said 911 truther. You have lost any credibility.
    In order to maintain your belief our military would have had to have been complicit in an attack on Americans on their own soil, you are beyond tinfoil hat territory here.
    Whatever cooks your bacon... like I said, I'm not getting into it.

Whatever cooks your bacon... like I said, I'm not getting into it.
    While I do hear ya when you said you didn't want to get into it, I do - at least in part - agree with your assessment when you say, "The anti-terror apparatus was ALWAYS for American citizens and not turban-wearing radical muzzies hiding in caves halfway around the world."

But the intent of the apparatus was to track anyone, including U.S. citizens, who had attachments to terrorist groups. And I am in favor of that. I don't really care if someone listens to me talk with a family member in Panama, for instance, and really wish they would listen when Ahmed, the U.S. citizens, speaks to his kin in Pakistan about the upcoming "jihad celebration" in Times Square.

On the other hand Oliver Stone is not a person to be taken seriously and I, for one, wish he would just dry up and blow away. I have heard him promote historical lies even when confronted with a reporter (Sam Donaldson) who was at the scene and could flatly refute his lie. The guy's a flake.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    While I do hear ya when you said you didn't want to get into it, I do - at least in part - agree with your assessment when you say, "The anti-terror apparatus was ALWAYS for American citizens and not turban-wearing radical muzzies hiding in caves halfway around the world."

But the intent of the apparatus was to track anyone, including U.S. citizens, who had attachments to terrorist groups. And I am in favor of that. I don't really care if someone listens to me talk with a family member in Panama, for instance, and really wish they would listen when Ahmed, the U.S. citizens, speaks to his kin in Pakistan about the upcoming "jihad celebration" in Times Square.

On the other hand Oliver Stone is not a person to be taken seriously and I, for one, wish he would just dry up and blow away. I have heard him promote historical lies even when confronted with a reporter (Sam Donaldson) who was at the scene and could flatly refute his lie. The guy's a flake.
    The problem with the truther flakes is that they believe the government orchestrated the disaster in order to implement the cure, that has unbelievable implications when you follow it through to its logical end.
    i think that what went wrong was the political correctness seeping into the institutions that keep us safe, they hurt it's effectiveness and infringe on our rights.

God, another retarded truther. Get bent lefty.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.