Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 At what point does military worship become dangerous? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Man, Taverner is on an anti-military tear!!!

Second or third thread on the same subject...

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Taverner

At what point does military worship become dangerous?

There are varying degrees of military worship - the Third Reich practically turned the SS into gods among men in propaganda.

Then you can go to countries like Costa Rica that do not even have an army.

We are somewhere in between the two, but at times I fear the constant military tie ins on the news is taking us in this direction.

I don't think military worship is a safe road for us to travel. To be completely honest, it is relatively new to Americans - it wasn't always so.

IT seemed like it started during WWII but never ended when the war did.

"Support the Troops" has become a litmus test for many, and any time an atrocity caused by them happens, many are stumbling over each other to point out this was "one bad apple" and certainly "there is no problem with the rest of the barrel so please stop looking over there."

And it is a form of blind faith.

I realize not every person in the military commits atrocities.

But you take men and women, at their prime physical peak years, train them to kill in the most efficient way possible - what would you expect? That they wouldn't climb over that metaphorical bridge from "killing under orders and "killing?"

Sadly, it seems every decade we become more militarized, more of a threat to the world and ourselves. Let's not kid ourselves - this is what killed the USSR. It wasn't Reagan, and it wasn't Nixon, but they killed themselves by over-militarizing and overreaching.

To the military worshippers out there, let me suggest a reading. It was written by a veteran of several wars who rose to the rank of Major General. His name was Smedly Butler, and the book he wrote was "War is a Racket."

I suggest you take a look....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=war+is+a+racket+by+smedly+butler

And of course if you disagree, you're a Nazi.

See DUmmies, this is just one example of why your board is considered an anti-American POS.
    You dipshits have a nice day.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Hey fucknut, I don't want you to "worship" me. I just don't want you treating me like a baby killer because I decided to stand up and defend that thing called a Constitution with my life.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Sat Dec 29, 2012, 07:43 PM

Taverner

At what point does military worship become dangerous?
    That's easy DUmbass. It becomes dangerous when people like you do it.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

4. #4 At what point does military worship become dangerous? 
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Man, Taverner is on an anti-military tear!!!

Second or third thread on the same subject...

And of course if you disagree, you're a Nazi.

See DUmmies, this is just one example of why your board is considered an anti-American POS.
    You dipshits have a nice day.
    Some one in the military must have taken Tavs woman. He's sure got a hard on for us.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

At one point does posting on DU become treason?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I just want to present a trained killer and a threat to the world.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...201%20jpeg.jpg

and another one..

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com...J4BaT9hG_c.jpg

Just because they can kill doesn't mean they want to.

What they are saying is that when the military budget gets cut down to pre-WWI size after we fall off the Fisical Cliff, they be jacking off on their key boards.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

8. #8 At what point does military worship become dangerous? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    What they are saying is that when the military budget gets cut down to pre-WWI size after we fall off the Fisical Cliff, they be jacking off on their key boards.
    QFT

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

What worship? A guy gets a ride home from the airport in a firetruck and his neighbors stand on the side of the street clapping when he comes home after three tours in Afghanistan.

After that he/she is left to fend for themselves like the rest of us. Usually with some kind of PTSD that puts them at a disadvantage. Or worse, missing a limb.

Military worship. The douche doesn't even define what it is other than not lumping every service member in with the occasional crazy that kills indiscriminately. Similar to what happens in non-military life also. Idiot.
    Be Not Afraid.

None of us want to be worshipped by the likes of Taverner, but it would be nice if we didn't have to put up with his open contempt. His self-righteous recriminations of us as "killers" has nothing to do with us, and everything to do with his preening sense of moral superiority to those who spend our lives protecting his. A bit of parsing is in order:

Support the Troops" has become a litmus test for many, and any time an atrocity caused by them happens, many are stumbling over each other to point out this was "one bad apple" and certainly "there is no problem with the rest of the barrel so please stop looking over there."
    Yeah, you'd think that we were Occupy Wall Street, where the bad apples define the bunch.

And it is a form of blind faith.

I realize not every person in the military commits atrocities.

Does he, now? Really? You wouldn't know it from the way that he talks about us.

But you take men and women, at their prime physical peak years, train them to kill in the most efficient way possible - what would you expect? That they wouldn't climb over that metaphorical bridge from "killing under orders and "killing?"
    Ah, so being trained to kill makes us indiscriminate killers? That's like saying that because every man has the equipment, we're all potential rapists. This is one of those logical fallacies that the left loves, because it masks their real agenda. Taverner is pissed because the military is no longer an object of ridicule and scorn, except among his peers. We can walk through an airport in uniform and not have to worry about being spit on or called "baby killer", and that's what Taverner misses. He wants to be able to bully and insult us with impugnity, and he resents that he can't do it in public.

Sadly, it seems every decade we become more militarized, more of a threat to the world and ourselves. Let's not kid ourselves - this is what killed the USSR. It wasn't Reagan, and it wasn't Nixon, but they killed themselves by over-militarizing and overreaching.
    Every decade, we become less militarized, which means that the threats to the world and ourselves become greater. We have fewer people on active duty now than at any time since the end of WWII. Our defense budget is a smaller percentage of GDP than at any time since before WWII, and a smaller percentage of the federal budget than at any time in our history. But, don't let the facts get in the way of a rant. And, the USSR killed itself by adopting and enforcing an economic system that failed everywhere that it had been tried. One can argue that only its military kept it going, as it had to keep looting new satellite states in order to maintain any semblance of economic prosperity, since it could not feed itself. It was also the threat of military force that put the Soviets in the position to demand bailouts when their crops repeatedly failed.

To the military worshippers out there, let me suggest a reading. It was written by a veteran of several wars who rose to the rank of Major General. His name was Smedly Butler, and the book he wrote was "War is a Racket."
    Butler was a communist whose gradual descent in paranoid delusion culminated in his announcement that he'd been recruited by a right-wing cabal to take over the government from Roosevelt (which is sort of like a right-wing cabal conspiring to replace Barack Obama with Dennis Kucinich). Butler was a great Marine in his day, but his mental deterioration ultimately destroyed his career.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!