Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Facebook bans Gandhi quote as part of revisionist history purge 
    Facebook bans Gandhi quote as part of revisionist history purge

Here is the full image as originally posted on Facebook. Keep in mind that THIS is now considered unacceptable speech across the "Facebook community," where any number of people can openly call for the murder of the NRA president and have absolutely no action taken against them:

The era of total oppression and collectivist mind control has fully arrived in America. This is not hyperbole... IT IS HERE NOW.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Ga...ensorship.html

could it have been the size of the word BLACKEST??

Unbelievable, we can't let facts get in the way of political correctness.
    One of the many reasons I don't use facebook.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

It's stupid on Facebook's part, but they have the right to decide what is appropriate or not for their website.

Laugh at the irony, conservatives! Gandhi is someone liberals love to quote, and now they can't use one of his most famous quotes on Facebook!

Oprah's guru frequently says words to this effect: "We all have to eat our share of darkness in this world to bring in God's light". I guess Marianne, aka the Whore of Babylon, can't post this sentiment anymore on facebook. Or refer to a good part of her favorite holy text, A Course In Miracles.

It's funny because it only applies to Facebook, not to free speech in general.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's stupid on Facebook's part, but they have the right to decide what is appropriate or not for their website.

Laugh at the irony, conservatives! Gandhi is someone liberals love to quote, and now they can't use one of his most famous quotes on Facebook!

Oprah's guru frequently says words to this effect: "We all have to eat our share of darkness in this world to bring in God's light". I guess Marianne, aka the Whore of Babylon, can't post this sentiment anymore on facebook. Or refer to a good part of her favorite holy text, A Course In Miracles.

It's funny because it only applies to Facebook, not to free speech in general.
    I don't care who what or where, political correctness blocks speech, until this trend stops we all lose.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Does this mean they are going to remove the Talibans page, and all the pages denying the Holocaust? Oh, I forgot, Zuckerberg is a stupid liberal, so those pages are o.k

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't care who what or where, political correctness blocks speech, until this trend stops we all lose.
    When folks come to Rockntractor's place are they expected to abide by Rockintracters rules or are they given free reign to say & act however they want ?
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    When folks come to Rockntractor's place are they expected to abide by Rockintracters rules or are they given free reign to say & act however they want ?
    I don't claim to have a free and open platform for people to come over to my house and transmit their thoughts around the world. Facebook does. They have the right to do as they choose, are you saying I should not be allowed to not be a member there. I very clearly stated that their policy is why I choose not to use their services.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't claim to have a free and open platform for people to come over to my house and transmit their thoughts around the world. Facebook does. They have the right to do as they choose, are you saying I should not be allowed to not be a member there. I very clearly stated that their policy is why I choose not to use their services.
    Facebook has two purposes for me: keeping in touch with high school and college friends that I don't see anymore because we all live far apart, and providing a place for kids I have worked with in the past to find me and let me know how they are doing now that they are adults.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Facebook has two purposes for me: keeping in touch with high school and college friends that I don't see anymore because we all live far apart, and providing a place for kids I have worked with in the past to find me and let me know how they are doing now that they are adults.
    I can understand that, more than once I have had relatives ask me to sign up for Facebook because they correspond this way. I tell them i will stick with email because I don't care for the liberties Facebook has taken with peoples personal information at times and also I don't like their political correctness. I won't do anything that supports them in anyway, my choice.

One wonders who really runs Facebook.