Thread: "privatization"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Whereas your genius has clearly paid off.
    Happy New Years Tink.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Why do you assume that the first amendment protects anyone from being fired? Freedom of speech doesn't project one from the consequences of said speech? If government employees can say pretty much what they feel without consequences (which they can't ask anyone in the military) then it is not the first amendment that protects their job but the government union that they belong to.

Both a private company and the government will release someone from employment if they say or do something that embarassess the employer or put the employer in a difficult situation.
    Apon entering the military, we sign documentation acknowledging that we are willingly giving up a number of our rights secured by the Bill of Rights. The 1st Amendment is one of those.

The government cannot punish people protected by the 1st Amendment. We in the military are not protected by it, hence why they can.

It's another one of those sacrifices we make to wear this uniform that many people aren't that aware of.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I was just using you as a backdrop; you've never given me a reason to expect something noble out of you. I don't suppose the issue would ever actually apply to you.
    You don't think, huh. Like I said, you don't have a clue on how my department handles such matters nor will I inform you how they handle such matters because it's none of your business but I will say that if you think I can go on social media and do what I want, you'd be sorely mistaken. As for my doing anything noble, you know nothing about me but I guarantee that I do more for others than you do.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 01-02-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.