Thread: Golf

1. #1 Golf 
    From a neighbor, wasn't sure where to put it, so decided the lounge it will be, particularly since SR has a thread on avoidance of cold weather by moving South. Here, the golf is available year round, so "golf widows" don't have a reprieve.

• When I die, bury me on the golf course, so my husband will visit. —Author Unknown
    • I've spent most of my life golfing. The rest I've just wasted. —Author Unknown
    • It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course. —Hank Aaron
    • Golf is a game in which you yell "fore", shoot six, and write down five. —Paul Harvey
    • The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course. —Billy Graham
    • Reverse every natural instinct and do the opposite of what you are inclined to do, and you will probably come very close to having a perfect golf swing. —Ben Hogan
    • Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty. —Harry Vardon
    • If I hit it left, it's a hook. If I hit it right, it's a slice. If I hit it straight, it's a miracle. —Author Unknown
    • The difference in golf and government is that in golf you can't improve your lie. —George Deukmejian
    • Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes. —Author Unknown
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The sport of choice for the urban poor is basketball. The sport of choice for maintenance level employees is bowling. The sport of choice for front-line workers is football. The sport of choice for supervisors is baseball. The sport of choice for middle management is tennis. The sport of choice for corporate officers is golf. Conclusion: The higher you are in the corporate structure, the smaller your balls become.
    ~Author Unknown
    Golf balls are attracted to water as unerringly as the eye of a middle-aged man to a female bosom.
    ~Michael Green, The Art of Coarse Golf, 1967
    Golf is played by twenty million mature American men whose wives think they are out having fun.
    ~Jim Bishop
    It's good sportsmanship not to pick up lost balls while they are still rolling.
    ~Mark Twain
    Fifty years ago, 100 white men chasing one black man across a field was called the Ku Klux Klan. Today it's called the PGA Tour.
    ~Author uncertain, attributed to Alex Hay
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams