1. #1 The fiscal cliff is nigh; Senators strike deal, House won't vote 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Matt Smith, CNN
    updated 9:47 PM EST, Mon December 31, 2012

(CNN) -- Senate leaders and the White House struck a last-minute deal to avert the feared fiscal cliff Monday night, with Vice President Joe Biden headed to the Capitol Hill to pitch the plan to fellow Democrats.

"Happy New Year," Biden, who became the Democratic point man in the talks, told reporters. "Did you think we would be here New Year's Eve?"

LINKY

Well imagine that!!! Lord Obama saves the day!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Obama saves the day by promising all those deadbeats a raise. Why do they deserve a raise? They can't even get their work done on time.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I hope Lord Obama is ready to explain a 1000 point drop on the DOW tomorrow. Assuming he cares, which I doubt he does.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Nothing but tax increases and no cuts in spending.

I give up.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I hope Lord Obama is ready to explain a 1000 point drop on the DOW tomorrow. Assuming he cares, which I doubt he does.
    This is insanity. At 7:30 PM Central, the Dow futures are up slightly, S&P 500 futures are down nearly 3%, which is huge. People are trying to get money positioned now, of all times, and I just don't get that at all. Did all those investors think that some sort of 'deal' could be struck at the last moment that would be meaningful?

Probably, everyone is going to be right. The market will go down then up, or up then down.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Nothing but tax increases and no cuts in spending.

I give up.
    I gave up on November 7 2012 when The Empty Suit and Captain Gaffer were able to fool 50.3% of voting Americans to return him to office.

The Takers out number the Makers in America and will vote for whoever promises the most free stuff.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

It is starting to look as though we have no party or no one to represent us, we'll see how this ends.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It is starting to look as though we have no party or no one to represent us, we'll see how this ends.
    Being in California's 15th district I haven't had any representation in congress since 2000 with Mike Honda as my rep and Feinstein/ Boxer as my senators.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Being in California's 15th district I haven't had any representation in congress since 2000 with Mike Honda as my rep and Feinstein/ Boxer as my senators.
    The difference is that they were voted in as democrats, now if you vote a republican in they vote with Democrats.
    It's over.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg