Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,418
    I feel that the House should reject this bill and let's all go over the fiscal cliff. It's the only way we can get some spending cuts and we can let Obama and the libs work to get each item of spending restored.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I feel that the House should reject this bill and let's all go over the fiscal cliff. It's the only way we can get some spending cuts and we can let Obama and the libs work to get each item of spending restored.
    I think so, too. The most important thing in America is to make this government smaller, i.e. spend less money on it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I feel that the House should reject this bill and let's all go over the fiscal cliff. It's the only way we can get some spending cuts and we can let Obama and the libs work to get each item of spending restored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I think so, too. The most important thing in America is to make this government smaller, i.e. spend less money on it.
    Won't happen. The spending cuts would have been erased by baseline budgeting, and since there hasn't been an actual budget passed in four years, it would have gone under the radar for most Americans. Meanwhile, the defense cuts would have permitted Democrats to gut the military. The spending hikes would have caused massive pain nationwide, and the whole thing would have been blamed on Republicans. We couldn't win this with the hand that we've been given. The only out is to make it clear that the Democrats have won, that they have gotten what they demanded and that they own the next four years of economic stagnation/collapse that will result from it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Won't happen. The spending cuts would have been erased by baseline budgeting, and since there hasn't been an actual budget passed in four years, it would have gone under the radar for most Americans. Meanwhile, the defense cuts would have permitted Democrats to gut the military. The spending hikes would have caused massive pain nationwide, and the whole thing would have been blamed on Republicans. We couldn't win this with the hand that we've been given. The only out is to make it clear that the Democrats have won, that they have gotten what they demanded and that they own the next four years of economic stagnation/collapse that will result from it.
    How can we successfully blame them for a bill with majority house support, our name is all over this thing in agreement. barrack will not even have to put any effort into blaming this equally if not more on Republicans. And then there is the retarded American public.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    ......And then there is the retarded American public.
    If they were retarded it would be an improvement, because then they would be concerned about their fellow citizens and their children.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    If they were retarded it would be an improvement, because then they would be concerned about their fellow citizens and their children.
    I think more than one smart person has said that democracy without morality cannot last.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    558
    Ody's correct.

    The problem was, as somebody mentioned upthread, that Congress created this crisis and then they saved us from it.

    Repubs got the shit end of the stick on this one; they were played like a violin.

    The good news is, Barry has his tax hike, albeit at lower levels than he originally wanted. The sequestration issue is gone at this stage, i.e., the so-called "fiscal cliff" is no longer a crisis - for today, anyway. After twice of having had the football yanked from under him, Charlie Brown, aka John Boehner, might possibly remember this and acknowledge that "negotiating" with Barry is a losing proposition. He's got to play the game HIS way, not Barry's way. That means simply going his own way. STOP dicking around with Barry, STOP thinking that Barry is an honorable man, and STICK to the principals on which most conservatives agree -- smaller government.

    If Chuck, aka Boehner, has an OUNCE of brains (well, one can HOPE can't one?), he'll refuse to consider any more tax hikes, refuse to consider raising the debt ceiling, and otherwise stop looking at Barry like he's a reputable and faithful negotiator. He's nothing of the sort. He's a snake.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Ody's correct.

    The problem was, as somebody mentioned upthread, that Congress created this crisis and then they saved us from it.

    Repubs got the shit end of the stick on this one; they were played like a violin.

    The good news is, Barry has his tax hike, albeit at lower levels than he originally wanted. The sequestration issue is gone at this stage, i.e., the so-called "fiscal cliff" is no longer a crisis - for today, anyway. After twice of having had the football yanked from under him, Charlie Brown, aka John Boehner, might possibly remember this and acknowledge that "negotiating" with Barry is a losing proposition. He's got to play the game HIS way, not Barry's way. That means simply going his own way. STOP dicking around with Barry, STOP thinking that Barry is an honorable man, and STICK to the principals on which most conservatives agree -- smaller government.

    If Chuck, aka Boehner, has an OUNCE of brains (well, one can HOPE can't one?), he'll refuse to consider any more tax hikes, refuse to consider raising the debt ceiling, and otherwise stop looking at Barry like he's a reputable and faithful negotiator. He's nothing of the sort. He's a snake.
    I have one question, on which of these upcoming events will they fight? Every time anything comes along I hear that on the next one they will fight, they just keep saying over and over we have to save our political capital for the next fight but it never happens.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member ReinMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Luna Pier, MI
    Posts
    776
    So....

    Pushed back the sequestration. Reduced the tax hit by a bit.

    I guess the "cliff" is now just a looong flight of concrete steps the dems will throw us down...
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

    ~John Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    So....

    Pushed back the sequestration. Reduced the tax hit by a bit.

    I guess the "cliff" is now just a looong flight of concrete steps the dems will throw us down...
    Yeah. Does it really make any difference whether we fall off the cliff, or rappel downward? Not really, except that the way it is going to work out, it will appear as if the Republicans resisted, and the Dems saved the country from the greedy Republicans by forcing them to accept a small tax increase for the rich.

    Doesn't matter. We're going to end up in the same chasm as Europe.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •