Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 House Passes "Fiscal Cliff" Bill 
    Watching the vote on C-Span and it passes.

Yay-257(85 GOP/172 DEM)
    Nay-167(151 GOP/16 DEM)
    NV-8(5 GOP/3 DEM)

Vote to reconsider going on now but measure passes and goes to Obama's desk. He's expected to sign.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Now for all the people that told me we still control the house at the last election, how is that working for you?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

We will not see much different results when gun bills start hitting the house either, they will cave like the cowards they are, it's no wonder we couldn't hold the government in conservative hands, they don't have the will.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Now for all the people that told me we still control the house at the last election, how is that working for you?
    like i said before those people in this country who didn't vote for Romney because he wasn't conservative enough I hope they rot in hell. I hope your principals keep you warm at night.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Pennsylvania folded like the cheap tent I always knew it was. Pat Toomey sold out and so did my congressman Joe Pitts. Thanks a lot losers.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What did you expect them to do? Had they stopped the bill, the entirety of the blame of going over the cliff would have been put onto their shoulders.

Obama and the Dem's own this now. They are responsible for the bill being this way, so when the debt continues to balloon, they cannot blame it on anyone else. When Romney lost, we all knew that the next 4 years was going to suck. The House has to pick the fights it can win, and this wasn't one of them.

But I don't expect to many here to listen. They all seem to think that when your backed into a corner cutting your nose off to spite the face will do yourself any good. Right now it's all about playing politics, that's what the next four years is going to be like.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    What did you expect them to do? Had they stopped the bill, the entirety of the blame of going over the cliff would have been put onto their shoulders.

Obama and the Dem's own this now. They are responsible for the bill being this way, so when the debt continues to balloon, they cannot blame it on anyone else. When Romney lost, we all knew that the next 4 years was going to suck. The House has to pick the fights it can win, and this wasn't one of them.

But I don't expect to many here to listen. They all seem to think that when your backed into a corner cutting your nose off to spite the face will do yourself any good. Right now it's all about playing politics, that's what the next four years is going to be like.
    I expect them to hold their ground and fight for conservative principles, better for them to be ridiculed by liberals than to lose their seats because they have no conservative backing next election. It won't matter if we lose the house in 2014, the majority votes with and are controlled by Democrats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

I agree with this. However, right now, the GOP looks very weak but this is a lame duck session and I'm curious on how many Republicans who voted yes are on their way out anyway. Also, right now the Dems and Obama look like white knights but passing this could be a blessing in disguise. Now that the taxes on what they perceive to be the wealthiest have been raised, they no longer have the "they're not paying their fair share" card to play so when the deficit keeps going up(which it is), there isn't anyone to scapegoat. The next 2 years are going to be very interesting.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I agree with this. However, right now, the GOP looks very weak but this is a lame duck session and I'm curious on how many Republicans who voted yes are on their way out anyway. Also, right now the Dems and Obama look like white knights but passing this could be a blessing in disguise. Now that the taxes on what they perceive to be the wealthiest have been raised, they no longer have the "they're not paying their fair share" card to play so when the deficit keeps going up(which it is), there isn't anyone to scapegoat. The next 2 years are going to be very interesting.
    wealth redistribution is never satisfied, you cannot appease it and to try to do so will destroy us, we won't recover as a nation from this road we are headed down.

So it's nothing but tax increases and no spending cuts. SHOCKING.

Fredo said he would only raise taxes on the top 2%. He lied.
    Fredo said he wanted a "balanced approach" to the deficit. He lied.
    Fredo said everyone should pay their fair share. He lied.

When Round 2 starts in two months what we just went through will be a cake walk. Fredo won't offer any additional cuts and he'll want more taxes or loopholes closed. Just throw in the towel now. We're done.
    Be Not Afraid.