1. #1 Al Jazeera Seeks a U.S. Voice Where Gore Failed 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    JHC!!!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

By BRIAN STELTER

9:16 p.m. | Updated Al Jazeera, the pan-Arab news giant, has long tried to convince Americans that it is a legitimate news organization, not a parrot of Middle Eastern propaganda or something more sinister.

It just bought itself 40 million more chances to make its case.

Al Jazeera on Wednesday announced a deal to take over Current TV, the low-rated cable channel that was founded by Al Gore, a former vice president, and his business partners seven years ago. Al Jazeera plans to shut Current and start an English-language channel, which will be available in more than 40 million homes, with newscasts emanating from both New York and Doha, Qatar.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Bet the DUmbasses will be all over this like stink on shit.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Bet the DUmbasses will be all over this like stink on shit.
    I'm sure they will be front row at Obama's press conferences.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Al Jazeera did not disclose the purchase price, but people with direct knowledge of the deal pegged it at around $500 million, indicating a $100 million payout for Mr. Gore, who owned 20 percent of Current. Mr. Gore and his partners were eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31, lest it be subject to higher tax rates that took effect on Jan. 1, according to several people who insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. But the deal was not signed until Wednesday.
    But I thought Libtards loved paying their "fair share"!!!! And it looks like they did!!! Haha!!

A spokesman for Al Jazeera said that antitrust regulators had not expressed any objections to the deal.
    OMG!!! REALLY?????

Going forward, the challenge will be persuading Americans to watch — an extremely tough proposition given the crowded television marketplace and the stereotypes about the channel that persist to this day.
    “There are still people who will not watch it, who will say that it’s a ‘terrorist network,’ ” said Philip Seib, the author of “The Al Jazeera Effect.” “Al Jazeera has to override that by providing quality news.”
    Oh...I'm sure they will be VERY fair. AlGore is such a money grubbing tool, right LibTards???
    May the FORCE be with you!

On the plus side, maybe they'll bring back Kieth Olbermann. A Muslim TV station can always use another anti-American misogynist.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I've heard that Time Warner cable has dropped Current TV (and thusly AJ) from its line-up. So much for those 40 million viewers...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I've heard that Time Warner cable has dropped Current TV (and thusly AJ) from its line-up. So much for those 40 million viewers...
    If true, that's a good thing. Algore must be laughing all the way to the bank. He's slime. I'm still waiting for the chorus of Dems to denounce his money grubbing ways.Wait, that's only said if it's a Republican.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

So, AJ wanted Current TV and it's 6 viewers? It got 'em. Good luck with that. Oh, and just so AJ understands, there is no official state run TV here in the U.S. so in order for you to be successful, you have to rely on your own merits in order to bring in sponsors and for the most part, most sponsors and products here don't take kindly to anti-Americanism so keep that in mind when you can't figure out why your station is failing.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Time Warner dropped Current. Look for more cable subscribers to do the same. I am calling directv and tell them to drop them. I don't want that anti-american terrorist news organization on my tv!

Of course the obama comment is correct. He will welcome them with open arms. Then when they both think the same and have the same motives. Why wouldn't he?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _