Thread: Primary Challenge Advice

1. #1 Primary Challenge Advice 
    I'm considering challenging my congressman, Joe Pitts (16th, PA) in 2014 and am interested in any opinions, advice, etc.

I can't handle having a man who has shredded his 5 term pledge (he's on his 8th) who sided with Boehner and voted to raise taxes. The man is a a faux conservative at best and I feel he should at least get some primary pressure. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Fellow Pennsylvanians especially, let me know what you think!

Sincerely,
    Matthew
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    I'm considering challenging my congressman, Joe Pitts (16th, PA) in 2014 and am interested in any opinions, advice, etc.

I can't handle having a man who has shredded his 5 term pledge (he's on his 8th) who sided with Boehner and voted to raise taxes. The man is a a faux conservative at best and I feel he should at least get some primary pressure. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Fellow Pennsylvanians especially, let me know what you think!

Sincerely,
    Matthew
    Washington seems to have an effect on most people soon after they are elected, I would have to ask myself how sure I was that I could handle the pressure and not change my ideals, for that matter I would have to make sure in my mind that my ideals were correct to start with.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Get some money...a lot of it. Press the flesh. Now. don't wait until 2014. Do you intend on challenging him in the Republican primary or are you planning on running as an independent. If it's the latter, don't bother. Independents don't have a shot so your best shot is to challenge him in the primary. It's also easier to woo potentially disgruntled Republicans than to try to woo away both Republican and Democrat voters.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

It never hurts to use your military backround in the campaign as a personal strength. Try to go positive as much as possible about your own qualifications and the issues that you feel strongly about-define yourself publicly before others do it.