Hybrid View

1. #1 Speaker Boehner of the House will be elected today 

The Speaker of the House will be elected today and some conservatives believe they have the votes necessary to oust John Boehner. In an appearance on CNBC, American Majority Action spokesman Ron Meyer said there are more than 20 House Republicans willing to vote for someone other than Boehner on Thursday when the 113th Congress convenes to elect a Speaker. Another source from a different organization has similarly confirmed that more than 20 have planned to oppose Boehner. >>>

Stockman, for one, is not opposing Boehner because he doesn't like the Speaker as a person, but because he believe he’s failed the conservative cause. “We cannot tolerate betrayal of conservative principle and economic reality,” the Texas Congressman wrote in blog post according to the Dallas Morning News, adding that Boehner is a “decent man” who didn’t get the job done.

Landry made a similar argument in an op-ed for Breitbart News on Wednesday. “Thanks to the leadership of Speaker John Boehner, the House passed a bill which raises taxes by $620 billion while cutting spending by a mere $15 billion over 10 years,” Landry wrote. “Usually, a compromise is an even trade (one-for-one). In this trade, House and Senate Republicans traded $41 dollars in tax hikes for every $1 dollar in spending cuts—not exactly a balanced approach.”

Breitbart.com

Great... we're gonna have tag team 0bama/ Boehner ready to screw the American public for another 4 years.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

In 2010, after the dems got trounced in the midterms, I couldn't believe that they re-elected Nancy Pelosi to a House leadership role.

It seems that regardless of party, once someone gets into a leadership position like Speaker or Minority/Majority leader, it's impossible to get rid of them without a sex scandal.

After all the fuckups obama has committed over the last four years, I am still stunned on how he is winning RIGHT NOW. Most of the American people are fucking sheep and deserve this piece of shit.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Interestingly enough, the Speaker need not be a sitting member of congress. But the Speaker does need an absolute majority - in this case 218 votes.

If the Speaker is not chosen on the first ballot, the role will be called and votes taken until a Speaker is elected.

So here's the question: Who would you vote for as Speaker?

Michelle Bachman cast the deciding vote too. So much for conservative principles. Now the Republican Party has truly sold it's soul. First Paul Ryan voted for the fiscal cliff bill and now Bachman votes to keep the jellyfish of the house in his position.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Michelle Bachman cast the deciding vote too. So much for conservative principles. Now the Republican Party has truly sold it's soul. First Paul Ryan voted for the fiscal cliff bill and now Bachman votes to keep the jellyfish of the house in his position.
    Bachman's vote is perhaps the most disgusting, after all her yapping about being so conservative. I've been cutting down my viewing of any news shows for a while because they get me too upset. I'll get over it, but needed a break.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS