Thread: Ginger Chicken Kabobs
#1 Ginger Chicken Kabobs01-03-2013, 08:14 PM
This one sounds good. I think I even have all the spices here. Will try this and let you know if it's a keeper. I made lime bread on Christmas Eve and ended up throwing it out, so now I'm more careful about making things for guests that I haven't tested first.
Ginger Chicken Kabobs
Quick Info: 4 Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 175, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 212mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 3g, Carbs: 8g, Cholesterol: 66mg, Protein: 27g Exchanges: Other Carb: 0.5, Lean Meat: 3.5, Fat: 0.5
Carb Choices: 0.5
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Rest Time: 2 h
Total Time: 33 mins
- 1 pounds chicken, breast
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, fresh
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 pepper(s), serrano chile
- 1 teaspoon oil, cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 cup(s) pineapple, fresh
- 1/2 medium pepper(s), red, bell
- 1/2 medium pepper(s), green, bell
1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Add cilantro, ginger, garlic, serrano pepper, oil, coriander, cumin, salt, garam masala (if desired), and nutmeg to bag. Seal bag. Turn and press bag to coat chicken. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
2. On eight 10- to 12-inch skewers, alternately thread the chicken, pineapple, red sweet pepper, and green sweet pepper, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
3. Place kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill & eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.Ē Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|