Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 OK. I have serious reservations about doing this, but I'm going to come out here... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sorry, not buying this.

Thu Jan 3, 2013, 03:56 PM
    MindPilot

OK. I have serious reservations about doing this, but I'm going to come out here on DU.

Last edited Thu Jan 3, 2013, 05:00 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    I was raped.

It happened when I was in the Navy. A group of three or four threw a blanket over me pinned me down and used a mop handle. I never saw my attackers, had no idea who they were, but I got to spend the rest of my time at sea wondering if every face I saw on that ship was one of them.

No, I did not report it; it was 1972, and we were in combat. Reporting it would have probably made my life a thousand times worse.

It was more than twenty years before I told anybody.

ETA: While I was seeking treatment through the VA, one psychiatrist I saw said in his report that that I was probably fabricating, or at least embellishing the story because the experience of being anally raped had not made me gay. I was shocked, but not nearly as shocked as the director of that facility when I showed her the report.

So, that is the kind of stuff you have to deal with.
    Yeah, a person is going to come out on a board and admit this crap. at best.

Some of "These people" are such scum I see no reason to believe this horseshit. But of course, they all do and not one of them (that I saw) even questions him in the least.

People like this are attention whores that need help.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Mops have handles? That had to hurt!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Where do you find posts like this? Anywho...quite unfortunate if it did happen. Umm...don't understand why they wouldn't have used their own *instruments* instead of a mop handle. That doesn't quite make sense. Everyone knows it's only gay to receive.

He is mad because he kept going back on his free time and no one showed up.
    I'm guessing this happened on the poop deck.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

She is so full of crap it is running out of her ears. Those psychopaths will say anything on that board to get attention, and sympathy.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Attention whoring at it's finest. Only on DU...

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    She is so full of crap it is running out of her ears. Those psychopaths will say anything on that board to get attention, and sympathy.
    The writer is a "he": it was the 1970s and he mentions being in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Mops have handles? That had to hurt!

You obviously never saw that made for tv movie starring Linda Blair called "Born Innocent".

While it is an attention grabber, 1972 was the tail end of Vietnam so yeah, some people were on ships in combat as we didn't pull out officially until 1973.

The last of the draft was early 1973 altho numbers were pulled for those born in 1954, 1955, and 1956...those numbers were never used.

As far as the mop handle...the attackers did not want to be seen as gay by doing it themselves...hence the mop handle.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    While it is an attention grabber, 1972 was the tail end of Vietnam so yeah, some people were on ships in combat as we didn't pull out officially until 1973.

The last of the draft was early 1973 altho numbers were pulled for those born in 1954, 1955, and 1956...those numbers were never used.

As far as the mop handle...the attackers did not want to be seen as gay by doing it themselves...hence the mop handle.

You have a good point about the era involved, too. Today's military is a voluntary force, far more professional about it's policies and practices than perhaps it was in the Vietnam Era. Also, in that day, frequently young male criminals were given an option by the courts-the military or jail.

One of my second cousins served honorably in Vietnam, received a silver star. He was a sex offender, before and after his service, although I'm not sure if he was ever charged or convicted at any time in his life. I think a guy like him would be weeded out through the recruitment process, these days.