Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    How can you all know for certain this did not happen? I'm not saying to just buy it, but don't just assume it didn't happen because it's a DUer. I can't help but think if this was a CUer, they might be taken more seriously.

As for why one would come out on DU, it's anonymous.
    Lanie, the guy offers no proof, it sounds like a classic DU Bouncy but it could be true.

And did I mention I'm really,really a Sith Lord???? It's that second really that proves I'm series!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Lanie, the guy offers no proof, it sounds like a classic DU Bouncy but it could be true.

And did I mention I'm really,really a Sith Lord???? It's that second really that proves I'm series!!!!
    I'm not going to dismiss it that quickly. There have been studies about male-male sexual assaults in the services, and the numbers are apalling, especially when there was a draft. This is one of the reasons that DADT repeal was such a bad idea.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Mops have handles? That had to hurt!

You obviously never saw that made for tv movie starring Linda Blair called "Born Innocent".

While it is an attention grabber, 1972 was the tail end of Vietnam so yeah, some people were on ships in combat as we didn't pull out officially until 1973.

The last of the draft was early 1973 altho numbers were pulled for those born in 1954, 1955, and 1956...those numbers were never used.

As far as the mop handle...the attackers did not want to be seen as gay by doing it themselves...hence the mop handle.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    óBenjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    While it is an attention grabber, 1972 was the tail end of Vietnam so yeah, some people were on ships in combat as we didn't pull out officially until 1973.

The last of the draft was early 1973 altho numbers were pulled for those born in 1954, 1955, and 1956...those numbers were never used.

As far as the mop handle...the attackers did not want to be seen as gay by doing it themselves...hence the mop handle.

You have a good point about the era involved, too. Today's military is a voluntary force, far more professional about it's policies and practices than perhaps it was in the Vietnam Era. Also, in that day, frequently young male criminals were given an option by the courts-the military or jail.

One of my second cousins served honorably in Vietnam, received a silver star. He was a sex offender, before and after his service, although I'm not sure if he was ever charged or convicted at any time in his life. I think a guy like him would be weeded out through the recruitment process, these days.

I don't think the assault on him was really sexual at all. The scenario I see was that three shipmates suspected (or discovered) that he was gay, and wanted to give him a message, "No fags allowed." He possibly had solicited at least one of the attackers previously.

Just my 2Ę.......

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I bet the guy is gay and liked it. He is just upset that it wasn't sexual ...

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _