1. #1 Ted Cruz To Introduce Bill To Repeal ‘Obamacare’ 

Cruz Sworn In As Texas’ First Hispanic US Senator, Will Introduce Bill To Repeal ‘Obamacare’

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Tea party darling Ted Cruz has been sworn in as U.S. senator and says his first order of business will be introducing a bill he knows will never pass.

Cruz is a Cuban-American and former state solicitor general. On Thursday, he became the first Hispanic to represent Texas in the Senate.

He has pledged that his first bill would seek to repeal “every syllable of every word” of the Obama administration’s health care reform law.

More@HoustonCBSLocal

Fat chance his Bill will go anywhere, especially with the feckless GOP "leadership" ... but at least we can count one conservative who has refused the DC koolaid and has stuck to his principles.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Rubio has proved to be true to his principles. I'm so disgusted with Michele Bachman. They should have ousted Boehner.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I'm pleased about his efforts, but I wonder: Is Ted Cruz going to be a demagogue of a different stripe? Given the political mix, introducing a bill like that in the senate is a waste of time for right now. Is he playing to his constituents, so that they dance to his tune?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Rubio has proved to be true to his principles. I'm so disgusted with Michele Bachman. They should have ousted Boehner.
    I'm not a fan of Boehner, but this time he was in an impossible position. If he hadn't cut a deal, Sequestration would have raised taxes on everyone, gutted the armed forces and given Obama a rationale to claim that Republicans had raised taxes on everyone rather than raise them on millionaires. By agreeing to only raise the top brackets, he preserved the vast majority of the Bush tax cuts, especially the capital gains reductions, and he can honestly state that he got the best deal possible from an administration that didn't have to give up anything, as Sequestration was basically a Democratic Party wish list, and they would have cheerfully let it happen. Nothing Boehner could have done would have prevented a tax hike, but he mitigated the damage.

Unfortunately, we are dealing with a completely irresponsible administration, one that will do anything to get its way, regardless of the consequences to the nation (that, BTW, is the most charitable estimate, the worst is that he is deliberately pulling off a Cloward-Piven strategy of radical destruction in order to foment social unrest and undermine the nation, but either way, the result is the same). When the debt ceiling argument begins, expect Obama to threaten to shut down the government, including military pay, if the Republicans don't concede, while refusing any entitlement reform. The only good news is that now, Obama cannot claim that he didn't get what he wanted and he owns this economy. When it fails, and it will, he cannot evade responsibility by blaming Bush, the house or any other bogeyman. It's all on him.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The only good news is that now, Obama cannot claim that he didn't get what he wanted and he owns this economy. When it fails, and it will, he cannot evade responsibility by blaming Bush, the house or any other bogeyman. It's all on him.
    Doesnt matter if its all on him. Hes a lame duck. Besides that... he will of course blame others and get away with it, as the Ministry of Propaganda (MSM), will simply echo whatever he claims. The GOP (leadership) could go out and explain the fallacies, inform people and expose the lies. Then challenge him on the real problem - spending. But they wont. They'll be looking for another rock to hide under as the Mercedes Marxist continues in this fashion to define the 'repuke' party down.

The only good news I can see, if you wanna call it that, is that the coming calamity will affect the golden calf worshipers as well as the rest of us.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Power CUer
    Lord, I wish this kind of bill could go somewhere. Repealing "every syllable" sounds exactly right.