1. #1 Graduating Senior Arrested, Handcuffed at Commencement for Flipping the Bird 
    Graduating Senior Arrested, Handcuffed at Commencement for Flipping the Bird

It's not uncommon for high school seniors to try to make themselves stand out from the crowd during graduation ceremonies, maybe with something benign like writing "Hi Mom" on their robes or doing a funny dance on the walk across stage. But one small-town Alabama student immortalized the moment and got more than he bargained for en route to receiving his diploma — a trip to jail.

In the short walk across stage, Joseph Bryan Shore, 18, elicited more than boos when he allegedly cursed out his family and flipped the bird to the crowd, according to authorities. Immediately after the ceremony, two police officers took him into custody and charged him with disorderly conduct.

Arab, Ala. assistant police chief Jeff Bailey said he had never seen anything like it before.

"This is a small town, a little quiet place," Bailey said. "He basically disrupted the whole graduation with his hollering and cursing."

The Arab Police department said the police report of the incident has now been sealed but excerpts of the police report published in The ArabTribune.com last week stated that Shore resisted police attempts to restrain him.

"Shore was cursing school staff, and, as Sgt. [Gina] Smith and Sgt. [Lauren] Harnack approached, it appeared the subject was about to run," according to the excerpt. "Smith advised him to place his hands behind his back, but he began resisting."

The principal of Arab City High School, Patrick Crowder, said he regretted the incident but that he had no choice other than to have Shore arrested.

Link
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Banned
    He must have gotten hold of some bad dope.

Power CUer
    Pretty poor behavior.

(This town is in Alabama - any bets it's pronounced Ay-Rab?)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Pretty poor behavior.

(This town is in Alabama - any bets it's pronounced Ay-Rab?)
    I am sure that there are some in VA that pronounce Norfolk (Naw Folk)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I am sure that there are some in VA that pronounce Norfolk (Naw Folk)
    Beats me. That's downstate, so Northern Virginians don't spend much time thinking about it. :p

Well, at least he vented his pimply teen angst in a fairly harmless way unlike some have in the past. What a wonderful pic - I'll bet his folks are just beaming with pride.

And I can already hear the braying laughter of potential future employers as they run an Internet background check on him before setting up those interviews. :D

According to the Tribune's report, attendees actually booed Shore when he "shot a bird" at the crowd. His swing at the principal could have resulted in more significant consequences, but Shore only slightly grazed Crowder's back.
    The police also reported that "Shore's family was behind us and becoming irate because he was under arrest. Several times they had to be told to calm down and back off."
    Nice folks!

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=66546

Shore's father, Terry Shore, is outraged and calls the incident at last week's graduation a "trap." He thinks his son, who had clashed with school administrators for behavioral issues before, was targeted unfairly. "They want my son to go to prison, they want my son to suffer," Shore said of the school administration. "Because as far as they are concerned, they were supposed to get him a long time ago."
    Shore said that his son, who goes by Bryan, is a "problem child" who acts spontaneously, but that he is no criminal.

"If giving the bird was a crime, you wouldn't be able to build enough prisons to house everyone; there would be repeat offenders on death row," Terry Shore said, incredulously.

He is concerned that the incident will hurt his son, who hopes to join the Navy in the fall. He said the episode was a "mole hill made into a mountain," and has been mischaracterized by the local media.
    Those crazy A-Rabs......

noonwitch
    The Navy will be good for him. Character building and all that. It reads like he has parents that haven't taught him how to behave appropriately in public.