Thread: Baltimore Sun: Why Al Jazeera buying Current TV is a good thing for media, country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Baltimore Sun: Why Al Jazeera buying Current TV is a good thing for media, country. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Retarded Morons.

Fri Jan 4, 2013, 06:10 PM
    madfloridian

Baltimore Sun: Why Al Jazeera buying Current TV is a good thing for media, country.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...,6761063.story

A few quotes from the article.
    The lack of access to Al Jazeera English on cable TV makes me wonder what kind of sheep we are as media consumers -- and what kind of mice we have as media critics that cable companies can get away with not offering this option even as they they offer a sea of channels devoted to shopping and reruns of lame network shows from previous decades.

Philip Seib, author of "The Al Jazeera Effect: How the New Global Media Are Reshaping World Politics," had a one-word answer when I asked him why the channel is not available in cities like Baltimore: "Politics."

..."El-Nawawy, an associate professor at Queens University of Charlotte in North Carolina, explains the lack of access in part by saying, "The cable carriers are afraid to carry it, because they don't want to alienate their constituents, they don't want to alienate their viewers, they don't want to go out of the box, they want to stay in their comfort zone. They play it safe."

"Viewership of Al Jazeera is going up in the United States because it's real news," Hillary Clinton told a Senate Foreign Affairs panel in 2011. "You may not agree with it, but you feel like you're getting real news around the clock instead of millions of commercials and, you know, arguments between talking heads and the kind of stuff that we do on our news which, you know, is not particularly informative to us, let alone foreigners.
    I have read the Brighthouse and Time Warner are not going to carry the channel.

It appears that "Comcast, Dish, DirecTV, Verizon and AT&T have agreed to the switch from Current to Al Jazeera America."

Good for them.
    Dipshit has been out in the sun too long. I swear, a lot of these LibTards would be supporting the muzzie scum as they led them away to have their heads chopped off...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Somewhat unrelated: apparently some folks are calling Baltimore "Tubman City".

Time Warner dropping them will drastically decrease their revenue. And other companies are going to follow suit. I called Directv and told them drop them as well; as I do not want that un-American, terrorist supporting network on my tv.

Marketwatch was reporting today that Al jazeera may have to offer the channel for free to get carriers to take it, as Current only had 50,000 subscribers to begin with. Look for that number to drop drastically. I wouldn't be surprised if the carriers offer it as an ala carte item. That I would agree with because otherwise I would be basically forced to watch it. And then the only people who would subscribe to it would be the liberal retards (who hate this country and like to see christians and infidels get beheaded), muslims, and our Muslim President ..

I am wondering what sponsors they get for it? I will boycott any company that pays for a second of advertising on that network!

Read more: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/al-...yst-2013-01-04
    Last edited by LukeEDay; 01-05-2013 at 04:53 AM.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

I'm glad AL Gore sold it just in time to avoid paying higher taxes.

If a conservative did that they would be EVIL.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I'm glad AL Gore sold it just in time to avoid paying higher taxes.

If a conservative did that they would be EVIL.
    I read a DU thread about this, they were just about tripping over themselves excusing Gore, saying its a "wise" business move for his investors. I am really shocked they haven't choked on their own hypocrisy.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Don't worry, they will dumb it down for the infidel.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Wonder if during World War Two these morons would have been proud to listen to Nazi radio broadcasts?

Well, that's what they're getting from Al Jazeera; Anti-American, Anti- Isreal, Anti-Western and Anti-Semitic proganda 24/7.

God, these assholes are so clueless that reality must be nothing more then a blur.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I wouldn't be too concerned about al Jazeera buying Current TV. Does anyone actually watch Current TV? I never have. Maybe the basement dwellers at DU watch it, but nobody else does.

Al Jazeera will probably lose money on the deal in the long run.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wouldn't be too concerned about al Jazeera buying Current TV. Does anyone actually watch Current TV? I never have. Maybe the basement dwellers at DU watch it, but nobody else does.

Al Jazeera will probably lose money on the deal in the long run.

They are going to scrap the current programming. I'm sure all they really wanted was the license.
    May the FORCE be with you!