Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wouldn't be too concerned about al Jazeera buying Current TV. Does anyone actually watch Current TV? I never have. Maybe the basement dwellers at DU watch it, but nobody else does.

    Al Jazeera will probably lose money on the deal in the long run.
    The leadership of the UAR isn't in it for the money, they want the venue. Al Jazeera is a propaganda outlet, not a news station. Jihad TV will now reach American Muslims en masse, and it will be espousing the Wahhabi line, subtly, at first, but eventually blatantly. Radicals of all stripes will now have an "authentic voice" of Islamic despotism to run to for quotes, and domestic Salafists can get their talking points directly from a "respected" media outlet. Think of this as MSNBC, but with Islamists and their fellow-travelers instead of liberals and ultra-left statists.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The leadership of the UAR isn't in it for the money, they want the venue. Al Jazeera is a propaganda outlet, not a news station. Jihad TV will now reach American Muslims en masse, and it will be espousing the Wahhabi line, subtly, at first, but eventually blatantly. Radicals of all stripes will now have an "authentic voice" of Islamic despotism to run to for quotes, and domestic Salafists can get their talking points directly from a "respected" media outlet. Think of this as MSNBC, but with Islamists and their fellow-travelers instead of liberals and ultra-left statists.
    You forgot to mention that they now have the protection of the 1st Amendment.

    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." -- Ariel Durant
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You forgot to mention that they now have the protection of the 1st Amendment.

    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." -- Ariel Durant
    They've always had it. What they didn't have was a domestic carrier that would disseminate their message. However, it's unlikely that they will get much play outside of the hardcore Islamists in the US, as they won't be anti-American enough to attract any of MSNBC's audience.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    They've always had it. What they didn't have was a domestic carrier that would disseminate their message. However, it's unlikely that they will get much play outside of the hardcore Islamists in the US, as they won't be anti-American enough to attract any of MSNBC's audience.

    Oh, you mean the DUmmies...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Oh, you mean the DUmmies...
    I wish. No, I'm talking about hardcore jihadis, guys who want to see acid thrown in the faces of girls who dare to go to school, who want to hang gays, stone women, murder infidels and impose Sharia law. The DUmmies think that the jihadis are just colorful third world revolutionaries, like Che Guevara, but scruffier, and that once they've defeated the common enemy (us), they will get to live in their global fantasyland. They don't realize that they're the first ones that the jihadis are going to turn their swords on once they are in power.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •