Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Condi Rice as NFL Commissioner? 
    Oh man, it would be worth it just for the 'sploding heads:

Prominent voices have called for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s head in the wake of player Ray Rice’s suspension, with some people suggesting a rather unconventional replacement: former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart went further, arguing Tuesday that Secretary Rice is “the one person who could save the NFL” from its moral quandary and public relations nightmare.
    Full story in all it's glory
    Be Not Afraid.

Although I'm sure Condi could handle the job, it's not exactly in her area of expertise. Is she even interested in it?

I would like it just for the heads exploding thing, though, and the thought of a woman in leadership in the ultimate macho organization.

They won't hire Condi...she won't force the Redskins to change their name...that's one of the unspoken reasons the Libs want Goodell to go..and it will be one of the acceptable qualifications the left will require in a new Commish if they get their way.

However I saw a report today that stated Goodell has the support of all 32 owners.

He's not going anywhere.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    They won't hire Condi...she won't force the Redskins to change their name...that's one of the unspoken reasons the Libs want Goodell to go..and it will be one of the acceptable qualifications the left will require in a new Commish if they get their way.

However I saw a report today that stated Goodell has the support of all 32 owners.

He's not going anywhere.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    You think all the recent NFL scandals--the domestic violence, the whipping of kids--and the trash talking of football is just to get the Redskins name changed? I think there's a takedown of the NFL being threatened, but it's probably about more than the Redskins. Then again, it's hard to tell these days.

Honestly, I'd rather she run for President.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Although I'm sure Condi could handle the job, it's not exactly in her area of expertise. Is she even interested in it?

I would like it just for the heads exploding thing, though, and the thought of a woman in leadership in the ultimate macho organization.
    She has publically stated for a long time that it would be her dream job. She is extremely knowledgable in the sport. Condi is a talented person---also a concert pianist.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    You think all the recent NFL scandals--the domestic violence, the whipping of kids--and the trash talking of football is just to get the Redskins name changed? I think there's a takedown of the NFL being threatened, but it's probably about more than the Redskins. Then again, it's hard to tell these days.
    No I don't believe that. But the Libs are opportunists who never ever let a crisis go to waste. And the leftists in the sports media are as bad as their brethren in the rest of the media when it comes to hammering away for leftist causes. Replacing Goodell with a Progressive like themselves is the goal...having the 'Skins change their name at the same time...icing on the cake. And I do believe that if for some odd reason Goodell steps down one of the questions of the new commish candidates will be "Are you willing to force Dan Snyder to change the name of his team?"
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    No I don't believe that. But the Libs are opportunists who never ever let a crisis go to waste. And the leftists in the sports media are as bad as their brethren in the rest of the media when it comes to hammering away for leftist causes. Replacing Goodell with a Progressive like themselves is the goal...having the 'Skins change their name at the same time...icing on the cake. And I do believe that if for some odd reason Goodell steps down one of the questions of the new commish candidates will be "Are you willing to force Dan Snyder to change the name of his team?"
    OK, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    She has publically stated for a long time that it would be her dream job. She is extremely knowledgable in the sport. Condi is a talented person---also a concert pianist.

The NFL needs a major shakeup.

You might laugh, me being a liberal and all, but I love Condi. And, as a real feminist, I would view having a woman running the NFL to be great progress for all women.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The NFL needs a major shakeup.

You might laugh, me being a liberal and all, but I love Condi. And, as a real feminist, I would view having a woman running the NFL to be great progress for all women.
    She would do a better job than the current commissioner. But it indeed would shake up the old boys club.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"