Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82
  1. #21  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Meaningless bullshit, Lanie, and if you actually thought it through you'd know it (Of course, being that you're a Liberal, I realize that actually analyzing one of your Party's talking points is alien to your thought process, like asking a Eurotrash soccer fan what his cheer really means). "Saved or created" is as meaningless and devoid of real content as calling Obama policies "Tastes great, less filling!" By that kind of retarded claim, everyone who had a job when Bush took office and still had one when he left would be a job Bush 'Saved,' and the 'Created' part includes every Christmas temp and 60-day construction boondoggle job in the last four years...even if the SAME PERSON might have held four or five of those 'Obama-created' jobs in that time.
    All that is true, DAT. Obama, demagogue that he is, will claim, it seems, almost anything and find people who will believe it. Last week he declared that he had cut 1 trillion dollars in spending...(?)...........I heard him declare that GM was a profitable investment and claim that money had been paid back....(?). None of that is true, of course, but learning the whole truth might mean someone has to do more than listen to headlines, and that, of course, may mean they would have to listen to (shudder) Fox News or CNN or BBC.

    I fear the free market economy has been destroyed. Lanie believes that companies should be made to make promises regarding how many people they will hire. I have to wonder how many others believe that.
    Lanie took a job out of college with a company that preys upon uneducated or undisciplined people, and she believes that job should be regulated out of existence by the President.
    And Lanie ignores the fact that it was the Democrats in the legislature that supported the nit-wit mortgages that resulted in the real estate crisis.

    The miracle of being a liberal requires that you either know nothing, or discard what you know and just go with your feelings.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Looks good. Except that the population in 2000 was 282 million. Population now is 311 million.

    That makes a huge difference. No one knows the exact number of people who want full time employment, but historically it has hovered around 47%.
    47% of 311 million is 146 million, so that's how many jobs there need to be. We are 14 million jobs short.

    It's true. Obama has created more jobs than Bush. He has hired federal employees at the rate of 101 per DAY! for the first 1420 days of his term. And that's a lousy way to establish growth.

    The guy's a demagogue. And a lousy leader.

    C'mon, Lanie. You have no case.
    Recovery is slow. It's even slower when the house is at odds with the senate and President about what to do. Hopefully, more people can get accepted into school and get a job. It's been brought up that people aren't getting hired due to th elack of skills.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Politically tired. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post

    I fear the free market economy has been destroyed. Lanie believes that companies should be made to make promises regarding how many people they will hire.
    In return for extra tax breaks. It's not like I'm advocating jail. You all seem to believe in the totally hands off theory, which is crap and always have been. Back when things were completely hands off, you had people getting paid nothing for hours of work, child recruitment, and Karl Marx advocating a revolution. Things are better now that the so called free market is more regulated. People get paid more to survive, children are not recruited (in this country), and we have a middle class. Marx didn't consider the possibility of a middle class because there was no middle class back then. All he saw was rich people constantly exploiting the poor. Now, because of regulation of the so called free market and the establishment of a middle class, there's no way a revolution would ever happen in this country now. Thing is I know there are people on this board who would love to do away with all our progress because you have a pseudo belief that employers will actually play fair now. Oh yeah, you'd keep the child labor laws, but I think a lot of you would love to get rid of minimum wage or basically anything that tells employers that they're not a god to be worshipped.


    I have to wonder how many others believe that.
    I don't know, but I know this much. The people who feel the rich always deserve more tax cuts and who argue that so called "job creators" should get a bigger tax cut didn't get voted in.


    Lanie took a job out of college with a company that preys upon uneducated or undisciplined people, and she believes that job should be regulated out of existence by the President.
    Where did I say that? I'm just saying my work situation is better than it was under George W. Bush. The attitude during the Bush years (when things were supposedly better) is that you should take two and three part time, minimum jobs to replace full time jobs. You shouldn't expect to be able to get full time work that pays enough to survive off of. THAT was the reality of the Bush years. People are going through it now, but there isn't this smug attitude that we should all get used to it and stay used to it. That was the smug attitude of some conservatives during the Bush years.


    And Lanie ignores the fact that it was the Democrats in the legislature that supported the nit-wit mortgages that resulted in the real estate crisis.
    What some of them did a very long time ago was try to enable people who had no credit to be able to get credit. That didn't mean giving people cards with credit limits that a person on minimum wage couldn't pay. It didn't mean mortgages that couldn't get paid due to the high interest rate, and then the bank selling the house for one thousand dollars because our government was bailing them out. I'm not talking about the great bail out that saved jobs. I'm talking about the constant bailouts of all banks. These banks make bad decisions KNOWING they'll be bailed out by the government. Where are the good conservatives in regards to these people taking our hard earned tax dollars? We pay our tax dollars to enable banks to take a house and sell it for a thousand dollars instead of renegotiating the original agreement or better yet not making the original agreement. You know it's true. But the banks deserve my sympathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    The miracle of being a liberal requires that you either know nothing, or discard what you know and just go with your feelings.
    Says the people who make a big deal out of struggling, single mothers wanting help, but don't have one word to say against companies wanting bailouts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Are you serious? You think I've sided with evil because I disagree with you? Please say you're not serious.
    I think you have sided with evil because you have joined with Satan.

    Last edited by Rockntractor; 01-06-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    In return for extra tax breaks. It's not like I'm advocating jail. You all seem to believe in the totally hands off theory, which is crap and always have been. Back when things were completely hands off, you had people getting paid nothing for hours of work, child recruitment, and Karl Marx advocating a revolution.
    A company is not going to hire a permanent employee in return for a temporary tax break. For that matter, what the employer pays the employee is ALREADY a tax break. People will be hired who can make money for the company, not as a favor to the government.

    Things are better now that the so called free market is more regulated. People get paid more to survive, children are not recruited (in this country), and we have a middle class. Marx..........
    No. Wages are falling and have been falling with respect to inflation for a long long time. 10 years ago we all got regular pay raises. Now, almost no one does. Every study shows a decreasing purchasing power for our middle class. Marx? Let's keep the subject on Obama. I don't know anything about Marx, and can not discuss what he may have thought....


    The people who feel the rich always deserve more tax cuts and who argue that so called "job creators" should get a bigger tax cut didn't get voted in.
    While that is true, it has nothing to do with your basic premise that Obama has created more jobs than Bush. And I will even agree with that, if you do not take into account that in Obama's economy there is a requirement of some 12 million more jobs than there were in 2000 when Bush first took office. In other words, Obama needs 12 million more jobs to re-create the employment picture that existed in 2000. And about 4 million more than there were when he took office. Figure about 1 million jobs a year increase just to break even with the population's needs.



    ............ but don't have one word to say against companies wanting bailouts.
    Most of your post was just obfuscation as you attempted to change the subject away from your basic, "Obama is successful" statement, and I suggest you start another thread for that. But I need to point out that this forum is the one place in the world where member are almost universally opposed to bailouts! Most members here want to tear their hair out when the subject of bailouts comes up! On the particular issue of bailouts, most of us have excoriated Bush, Greenspan, Obama, Bernanke, and anyone else who participated. For you to say we "but don't have one word to say against companies wanting bailouts" is a ridiculous statement.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Recovery is slow. It's even slower when the house is at odds with the senate and President about what to do. Hopefully, more people can get accepted into school and get a job. It's been brought up that people aren't getting hired due to th elack of skills.
    People are not getting hired because they lack skills? You really believe that? People are not being hired for lots and lots of reasons but "lack of skills" is hardly a major factor. People are not getting hired because companies do not want more people.

    Recovery is slow because the house is at odds with the President and the senate? Then why wasn't progress more rapid back when the house and the senate had a super majority? I can tell you the answer to that one: It's because the House, Senate and President all went the wrong way, that's why.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27 Surprise! Obama Is Creating More New Jobs Than George W. Bush 
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Are you serious? You think I've sided with evil because I disagree with you? Please say you're not serious.
    Communism is evil. So are the people that defend and promote it.

    So...

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28 Surprise! Obama Is Creating More New Jobs Than George W. Bush 
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,622
    Typical Bridget...confused and upset that we don't buy into her socialist propaganda.

    Must suck for her getting smacked with facts all the time.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    And with the way you...are acting in this thread...
    I replied to you with facts and you have a problem with that?

    OK, from now on I'll just call you silly nicknames, deflect your comments and make all my responses to you on a personal level. You know, typical douchebag stuff.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Are you serious? You think I've sided with evil because I disagree with you? Please say you're not serious.
    We think you've sided with evil because you don't seem to mind what the Empty Suit and his sidekick Captain Gaffer are doing to America with their policies. I also think you're a taker, not a maker, for the very same reason.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •