Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    1.7% pay raise for me...2% rise in FICA tax.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    1.7% pay raise for me...2% rise in FICA tax.
    That's fucked up.

I have one less facebook friend due to this thread. Liberals don't last long on my facebook page. They should see my twitter feed.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    That's fucked up.

I have one less facebook friend due to this thread. Liberals don't last long on my facebook page. They should see my twitter feed.
    Yeah and we're paying more for gas than back in the states and AAFES is looking at raising their prices about the same percentage as what our raise was this year too.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

My goal is to someday reach poverty level, it is a tough climb but someday we'll make it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    That's fucked up.

Well, perhaps if you didn't call me a liar, I wouldn't have gotten nasty. Your loss.

And BTW, people need to stop being hypocrites (both sides). If you want social security to be saved, step number one is to put money into it. Lunch is not free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Well, perhaps if you didn't call me a liar, I wouldn't have gotten nasty. Your loss.

And BTW, people need to stop being hypocrites (both sides). If you want social security to be saved, step number one is to put money into it. Lunch is not free.
    Some truth to that, but we've all got a suspicion that our lunch money is being used for things other than buying our lunch. Go hunting for who spent it, and George W's name comes up along with some others. Some sources exonerate Clinton because he presided over a growing economy (the dot com economy), others are not so charitable.
    Whatever. It's no longer in the bank. And that's where you are right; we gotta add to it.

So. Knowing that, where do you stand on government spending and the debt ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Some truth to that, but we've all got a suspicion that our lunch money is being used for things other than buying our lunch. Go hunting for who spent it, and George W's name comes up along with some others. Some sources exonerate Clinton because he presided over a growing economy (the dot com economy), others are not so charitable.
    Whatever. It's no longer in the bank. And that's where you are right; we gotta add to it.

So. Knowing that, where do you stand on government spending and the debt ceiling?
    That's a tough call, and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I fear that raising the debt ceiling too much more will make the economy crash. OTOH, I fear that letting over two million people go without will not only lead out to more hungry and homeless people, but could lead out to a crash (because bills will not get paid). I do think as long as we have these programs, we'll have to pay some more taxes. There is no way we can have medicare, social security, and other programs to help others with taxes constantly cut. There's no way we'll be able to pay the debt with taxes always being cut. Even with goods, if taxes are raised, people are throwing a fit.

The Democrat solution is to just tax the rich. It's not going to work because the rich just can't be taxed enough. What the majority of voters want is this safety net without paying for it. It can't happen.

If you want to give President Obama a free pass for lying about the tax cuts, that is fine.

Unless the system is privatized and I have control of my contributions, I won't ever see a penny of social security in the first place.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 01-14-2013 at 11:19 PM.

It's not going to work because the rich just can't be taxed enough. What the majority of voters want is this safety net without paying for it. It can't happen.
    More taxes? Taxes destroy jobs.

Yesterday's safety nets have turned into lifetime hammocks for millions of Americans.

I think it would just be easier if everyone that was able to work for a living, did so.

It does make it a little harder for liberals to buy votes.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Yeah and we're paying more for gas than back in the states and AAFES is looking at raising their prices about the same percentage as what our raise was this year too.
    Those that serve our nation seem to get screwed first. Sucks.