Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There is not as much energy in a gallon of LNG as a gallon of diesel, unless you have your own gas well it will cost you more to operate.
    True. That's why LNG is sold in Diesel Gallon Equivalent (DGE) units.

I have a propane powered truck and all i would need is a different tank to use LNG instead of propane,
    True again. Sort of. The tanks are being manufactured by Westport Manufacturing, as are the engine controls.
    http://www.westport.com/news/2012/we...ral-gas-trucks
    But to compete with heavy duty applications, the truck would have to act and feel just like a diesel fuel powered truck. It would have to go 700 miles between fill-ups and have all the power I had in my DD-15. To meet that requirement, there is a 15 liter High Pressure Direct Injection (HPDI) based on the Cummins ISX. Shipment of the fully developed LNG trucks will start in 2013.

If you go to Clean Air, you will see where they have partnered with Flying J and Pilot to establish refueling facilities. They built 70 of them in 2012 (on standby, since the trucks are not out yet), and will build another 70 in 2013. T/A truckstops has a different partner, but they are doing the same thing.

I think as soon as the trucks prove themselves to be more profitable than the diesel fuel trucks the industry will make a huge shift. Maybe, 2015 (?) After all, we're talking a 15-20 cent per mile advantage.

Here's another CNN article:
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/07/us/tru...ure/index.html

And all without Obama's help.

Hey Lanie - even a prize moonbat like The Masturbating Nematode sees the holes in that BS and then futilely tries to spin it to save face for his The Deified One:

TheMastersNemesis (1,862 posts)

In Reality The Job Market Is Shrinking And So Are Wages

Last edited Sun Jan 20, 2013, 12:40 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

You really cannot blame Obama for it but the job market is shrinking as it grows. And the brutal truth that the MSM is deliberately ignoring is that FULL TIME jobs are disappearing and being replaced by PART TIME, TEMPORARY and CONTRACT JOBS. The end of the full time job more most American workers is approaching. And it is a creation of big business and corporate CEOs to feather their nests at the expense of worker who create their wealth for them.

When the business community talks about multiple careers that are not just talking about 7 0r 8 careers in a lifetime they are talking about 3 or 4 careers at that same time. That is they are talking about 3 or 4 different part time jobs that might be totally different careers. The dirt is in the details.

Welcome to the new Reagan economy when all this mayhem was hatched. If old way of employing people are NOT coming back as the business mantra goes our youth are screwed and so are we.

It is the fault of the worker who continues to accept the business rhetorical tripe. By staying anti labor and anti union for so long and refusing to vote for more progressive agendas, the working class is dooming itself. Conservative attitudes toward labor policy is what has allowed business and industry to create the "RAW DEAL" that has replaced the original "SOCIAL CONTRACT" where workers got a fairer share of the wealth they create through full time secure and long term employment.

That is the only way that workers have chance to build a decent life for themselves and their families.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10022222382

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Everyone that knows me, knows you hit the nail on the head, I am just a liar.

You can dance around the facts all you want. College is an option for those on welfare. Under Clinton and Bush it was MANDATORY....those on benefits either had to work, or go to school......there was finacial aid available then, just like there is now.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...robert-rector#

I get a raise every year. The 3% for this year will help cover the 2.2% in the payroll tax increase, and my higher deductable & cost on my health coverage. I will still come up short. When you do the math, is it really a raise?

If this was your point....why was it not the title of your OP?
    KICK............to remind us how much hope & change we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    That's fucked up.

I have one less facebook friend due to this thread. Liberals don't last long on my facebook page. They should see my twitter feed.
    Since this thread my 3% annual raise dropped to 1.5%, and now my wages are frozen. Companies get nervous about all this minimum wage talk and we do have employees that "start" at a dollar higher then minimum wage, which is less then what the advocates want, so I am already paying for a minimum wage hike. Or should I say "living wage" to make the progressive/liberal/class warfarists happy?
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 09-16-2014 at 09:37 AM.

george or barry it really does not matter. Neither of these cretins will go down in history as a stellar Prez. That said, a particular Prez is just not that big a factor in how things go in the economy- wages, profits, job growth. The best thing a Prez & his Congress can do is to resolve to do no harm-

1) tax no more than is required to fund the Constitutional functions of Government
    2) don't try to pick economic winners. Treat Capital and Labour in an even handed manner
    3) add nothing to the legal code which is not a Constitutional necessity. NOT Knowing what to expect from the Law is the greatest Risk an enterprise can face
    4) Enforce the Constitutional legal code with rigor and utterly without favour
    5) avoid wars of choice
    6) never place the Interests of a foreign 'friend' above those of the American People

Both george and barry have squandered the wealth of the American People in ruinous unnecessary Wars, payouts to foreign States, trillions in subsidy to favoured interests and by enacting insane new levels of State regulation of enterprise.

That said we are still not 1930's Russia or Mao's China. The same tools by which generations of Americans have risen economically still function- hard work, being educated in useful arts, honesty, prudent risk taking still pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by american patriot View Post
    Both george and barry have squandered the wealth of the American People in ruinous unnecessary Wars.
    So what's your solution to the ISIS problem?
    Obama isn't the problem. The problem is an electorate that would vote a man like him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    Just replace Iran with ISIS:

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dori View Post
    For the USA ISIS is not a problem. Let the folks in the M.E. handle it. America's moslem problem is the Open Borders for muzzies policy of both george & barry.

Plenty of farm "jobs" if your here illegally!!!!!
    Just not for Americans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by american patriot View Post
    For the USA ISIS is not a problem. Let the folks in the M.E. handle it. America's moslem problem is the Open Borders for muzzies policy of both george & barry.
    Explain that to James Foley and Steven Sotloff.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.