1. #1 Any Downton Abbey Fans? 
    Dowager Lady Grantham's Best Zingers of the Night

Does anyone here watch Downton? The premier of the new series was last night. It is a compelling show. One of my favorites is the Dowager. She is so delightfully snobby and witty at the same time.

Lady Grantham is a hoot.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    We both watched it. It really is a good series!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Bump

Not sure if this got lost in the time and date problem yesterday or no one else watches Downton Abbey.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

GO ROYALS NOW

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Bump

Not sure if this got lost in the time and date problem yesterday or no one else watches Downton Abbey.
    I tried to respond yesterday but it said that I had to wait 9556 seconds to post.

"Mother, you still own most of the village."

Lady Grantham , "Oh good, I can open a shop."

""God knows who the next heir will be. Probably a chimney sweep from Solihull."

"Tomorrow night let's just have the servants eat at the table with us."

Downton Abbey's season 3 non Christmas Christmas episode had a somewhat unexpected finish.

I enjoy the program.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

I wonder what will happen when Lady Mary's new husband, who stands to come into a large inheritance, states that he will not accept it due to principles. It's sticky since the family could lose Downton Abbey due to poor investments. After having to beg the rich American grandmother for additional funds, with lots of grovelling, they not only humbled themselves but were turned down. Now the pressure is really on the new hubby.

This should lead to a good exploration of principles----should we hold on to them to the detriment of those we love? We sure don't have to worry about that with our political leaders. Principles, what are they is their mantra.

"

GO ROYALS NOW

Fabulous Poster
    I wonder what will happen when Lady Mary's new husband, who stands to come into a large inheritance, states that he will not accept it due to principles. It's sticky since the family could lose Downton Abbey due to poor investments. After having to beg the rich American grandmother for additional funds, with lots of grovelling, they not only humbled themselves but were turned down. Now the pressure is really on the new hubby.

This should lead to a good exploration of principles----should we hold on to them to the detriment of those we love? We sure don't have to worry about that with our political leaders. Principles, what are they is their mantra.
    He's a whiny little twit. Hopefully Thomas and O'Brien will toss him off a balcony so that Lady Mary inherits the dough right after discovering that's she pregnant with a boy.

Fabulous Poster

I think the whole point of this plot twist is to demonstrate that the middle class has a stronger moral compass and stricter rules than the upper class. I say that Mary prevails. Matthew walks around moody, it's the only acting he seem to know how to do.