Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm sorry, but was Wendys actually hiring people full time outside of managers? Oh yeah, let's feel badly for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm sorry, but was Wendys actually hiring people full time outside of managers? Oh yeah, let's feel badly for them.
    Even managers aren't full time and if there are full time managers, they might have 1 aside from the owner. I worked for Wendy's many, many moons ago when I was in high school and the shift managers weren't full time. There was the owner and 1 store manager. The rest were shift managers who worked maybe 30 hours a week.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Even managers aren't full time and if there are full time managers, they might have 1 aside from the owner. I worked for Wendy's many, many moons ago when I was in high school and the shift managers weren't full time. There was the owner and 1 store manager. The rest were shift managers who worked maybe 30 hours a week.
    I worked at K-Mart in college. The managers (store manager, assistant manager, department managers) were all full time. Some of the supervisors in the checkout lanes were also full time, but not all of them were. When I worked in apparel, there was one full-time clerk for each sub-department-men's, women's, children's and accessories. I worked 36 hours a week as a part time and filled in for the full-time clerks when they went on summer vacation.

K-Mart at the time was doing pretty well-it was before WalMart came to Michigan, and their only competion was Meijer and, in Kalamazoo, Zayre.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Meaning this isn't really a big deal.

I think Wendys, Papa Johns, and other places that usually only hire part time just want attention.

Dummies should love this. It follows France's genius in reducing the number of hours someone could work so that companies would have to hire more people.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    Dummies should love this. It follows France's genius in reducing the number of hours someone could work so that companies would have to hire more people.
    It's been Obama's plan from the begining to reduce unemployement by either putting someone on welfare or make everyone work part time.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmmies, working in any fast food joint is NOT a career.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Tip of the iceberg DUmmies. Soon, many companies will fall into the "part time hiring" only category. It's coming to healthcare. At my job, which employees over 10,000 people, we have been told that we are no longer allowed to hire full time OR part time employees. Only Per-Diem, aka Staff Relief...which means no Overtime, no benefits, no raises.

You asked for it.....you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    DUmmies, working in any fast food joint is NOT a career.
    Unless of course you have a degree in philosophy, or Feminist studys ... then the fast food industry IS the only career you can hope for.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Unless of course you have a degree in philosophy, or Feminist studys ... then the fast food industry IS the only career you can hope for.
    You forgot Art History and Basket Weaving.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....