Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Normalizing Pedophillia 
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,805
    Decadence is on the march! And now, a defense of pedophilia as just another “sexual orientation” has been published in the mainstream left wing UK newspaper The Guardian.* From, “Paedophilia: Bringing Dark Desires Into the Light:”

    Paedophiles may be wired differently. This is radical stuff. But there is a growing conviction, notably in Canada, that paedophilia should probably be classified as a distinct sexual orientation, like heterosexuality or homosexuality. Two eminent researchers testified to that effect to a Canadian parliamentary commission last year, and the Harvard Mental Health Letter of July 2010 stated baldly that paedophilia “is a sexual orientation” and therefore “unlikely to change”.

    This isn’t news. We already know that those who abuse children sexually are always dangerous. That is why they must register with the police when released from prison.

    Understanding causes is one thing–I’m all for it–but the effort is definitely underway to normalize the behavior:

    The reclassification of paedophilia as a sexual orientation would, however, play into what Goode calls “the sexual liberation discourse”, which has existed since the 1970s. “There are a lot of people,” she says, “who say: we outlawed homosexuality, and we were wrong. Perhaps we’re wrong about paedophilia.”

    Social perceptions do change. Child brides were once the norm; in the late 16th century the age of consent in England was 10. More recently, campaigning organisations of the 70s and 80s such as the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) and Paedophile Action for Liberation were active members of the NCCL when it made its parliamentary submission questioning the lasting damage caused by consensual paedophilic relations…*A Dutch study published in 1987 found that a sample of boys in paedophilic relationships felt positively about them. And a major if still controversial 1998-2000 meta-study suggests – as J Michael Bailey of Northwestern University, Chicago, says – that such relationships, entered into voluntarily, are “nearly uncorrelated with undesirable outcomes”.

    The idea, apparently, is to embrace pedophilia as a normal part of the human condition so that we can help those with the “orientation” refrain:

    For Goode, though, broader, societal change is needed. “Adult sexual attraction to children is part of the continuum of human sexuality; it’s not something we can eliminate,” she says. “If we can talk about this rationally – acknowledge that yes, men do get sexually attracted to children, but no, they don’t have to act on it – we can maybe avoid the hysteria. We won’t label paedophiles monsters; it won’t be taboo to see and name what is happening in front of us.”

    We can help keep children safe, Goode argues, “by allowing paedophiles to be ordinary members of society, with moral standards like everyone else”, and by “respecting and valuing those paedophiles who choose self-restraint”. Only then will men tempted to abuse children “be able to be honest about their feelings, and perhaps find people around them who could support them and challenge their behaviour before children get harmed”.

    I am sorry, pedophiles can already get help in controlling their urges before they ruin a child’s life–and certainly, many do. Good on them.*But turning the abhorrent and pathological into the somehow acceptable will not protect children. Quite the contrary.

    http://www.nationalreview.com/human-...ing-pedophilia

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    533
    It was inevitable, TRG. Once society started down that slippery slope of recognizing homosexuality as an "alternate lifestyle" rather than the abnormality it is, we'll apparently go all the way to the bottom to accept pedophilia as the same kind of acceptable "alternate lifestyle."

    Grotesque and unacceptable, but there ya go.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    It was inevitable, TRG. Once society started down that slippery slope of recognizing homosexuality as an "alternate lifestyle" rather than the abnormality it is, we'll apparently go all the way to the bottom to accept pedophilia as the same kind of acceptable "alternate lifestyle."

    Grotesque and unacceptable, but there ya go.
    GMTA, Eupher.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,586
    I think it's very important to keep pedophilia classified as a psychiatric disorder and acting upon it as criminal behavior-it should be classified in the same category as someone who commits a violent rape on an adult and is diagnosed as a sociopath (anti-social personality disorder) or a sadist. It's not just about sexual attraction to children, it's about power and control over a victim. In the case of a pedophile, the perp deliberately chooses a victim who has less ability to fight back than an adult.


    Feminists fought hard in the 60s and 70s to redefine rape as a crime of violence, not a crime of passion. Whatever you might think of feminism overall, this led to the courts taking rape more seriously and upping the sentences of those who commit rape of any kind, and even further increasing the sentences for those who rape children. When I started in this field, a child molestor in Michigan faced a maximum sentence of 7-15 years. Now it's 20 to life, which means life to the parole board.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5 Normalizing Pedophillia 
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    It was inevitable, TRG. Once society started down that slippery slope of recognizing homosexuality as an "alternate lifestyle" rather than the abnormality it is, we'll apparently go all the way to the bottom to accept pedophilia as the same kind of acceptable "alternate lifestyle."

    Grotesque and unacceptable, but there ya go.
    Somethings got to be done to stop this idiocy though.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Somethings got to be done to stop this idiocy though.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Well, when you've got Hah-vahd University putting out tripe like this:

    The understanding of pedophilia has evolved over time...
    the medical world is supposed to nod their collective heads in agreement. It's all about the next level of understanding and advocating that today we're just a bunch of cads, but tomorrow we'll be enlightened.

    This is how the bastards are selling this bullshit. They're painting a glorious, rosy picture of sweetness and light that is tomorrow, and they're completely shitting all over today.

    Ultimately - it won't be tomorrow or next week - all the egghead shrinks who are "experts" in their respective fields will concur that, since they can't actually DO anything about pedophilia, the next logical step is to accept it.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,030
    This...




    is how you "treat" pedophiles!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    533
    Works for me, Apache.

    Those people can't be rehabilitated. A rope and a pine box is all they're gonna need.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Works for me, Apache.

    Those people can't be rehabilitated. A rope and a pine box is all they're gonna need.
    ...after genital castration.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Decadence is on the march! And now, a defense of pedophilia as just another “sexual orientation” has been published in the mainstream left wing UK newspaper The Guardian.* From, “Paedophilia: Bringing Dark Desires Into the Light:”

    Paedophiles may be wired differently. This is radical stuff. But there is a growing conviction, notably in Canada, that paedophilia should probably be classified as a distinct sexual orientation, like heterosexuality or homosexuality. Two eminent researchers testified to that effect to a Canadian parliamentary commission last year, and the Harvard Mental Health Letter of July 2010 stated baldly that paedophilia “is a sexual orientation” and therefore “unlikely to change”.

    This isn’t news. We already know that those who abuse children sexually are always dangerous. That is why they must register with the police when released from prison.

    Understanding causes is one thing–I’m all for it–but the effort is definitely underway to normalize the behavior:

    The reclassification of paedophilia as a sexual orientation would, however, play into what Goode calls “the sexual liberation discourse”, which has existed since the 1970s. “There are a lot of people,” she says, “who say: we outlawed homosexuality, and we were wrong. Perhaps we’re wrong about paedophilia.”

    Social perceptions do change. Child brides were once the norm; in the late 16th century the age of consent in England was 10. More recently, campaigning organisations of the 70s and 80s such as the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE) and Paedophile Action for Liberation were active members of the NCCL when it made its parliamentary submission questioning the lasting damage caused by consensual paedophilic relations…*A Dutch study published in 1987 found that a sample of boys in paedophilic relationships felt positively about them. And a major if still controversial 1998-2000 meta-study suggests – as J Michael Bailey of Northwestern University, Chicago, says – that such relationships, entered into voluntarily, are “nearly uncorrelated with undesirable outcomes”.

    The idea, apparently, is to embrace pedophilia as a normal part of the human condition so that we can help those with the “orientation” refrain:

    For Goode, though, broader, societal change is needed. “Adult sexual attraction to children is part of the continuum of human sexuality; it’s not something we can eliminate,” she says. “If we can talk about this rationally – acknowledge that yes, men do get sexually attracted to children, but no, they don’t have to act on it – we can maybe avoid the hysteria. We won’t label paedophiles monsters; it won’t be taboo to see and name what is happening in front of us.”

    We can help keep children safe, Goode argues, “by allowing paedophiles to be ordinary members of society, with moral standards like everyone else”, and by “respecting and valuing those paedophiles who choose self-restraint”. Only then will men tempted to abuse children “be able to be honest about their feelings, and perhaps find people around them who could support them and challenge their behaviour before children get harmed”.

    I am sorry, pedophiles can already get help in controlling their urges before they ruin a child’s life–and certainly, many do. Good on them.*But turning the abhorrent and pathological into the somehow acceptable will not protect children. Quite the contrary.

    http://www.nationalreview.com/human-...ing-pedophilia

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I just read your article and I don't see where anyone but the author (and you and Eupher) is talking in terms of normalization. Did I miss in the article where it said that the law or society should permit adults to have sex with children?

    And if it did, it would be rather idiotic to claim that this was somehow the result of the slippery slope of equal rights for gay people. The stereotype of child molestation is father on daughter not mother on daughter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •