Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I just read your article and I don't see where anyone but the author (and you and Eupher) is talking in terms of normalization. Did I miss in the article where it said that the law or society should permit adults to have sex with children?

And if it did, it would be rather idiotic to claim that this was somehow the result of the slippery slope of equal rights for gay people. The stereotype of child molestation is father on daughter not mother on daughter.

It is just the author in this article, but there also have been other articles of late regarding this issue, especially in light of the new DSM V that the American Psychiatric Association is releasing soon, that is rumored to have some major changes in it regarding sexual issues and personality disorders. It's the diagnostic tool used by everyone in the mental health field, and by many in the educational and criminal justice fields, too.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It is just the author in this article, but there also have been other articles of late regarding this issue, especially in light of the new DSM V that the American Psychiatric Association is releasing soon, that is rumored to have some major changes in it regarding sexual issues and personality disorders. It's the diagnostic tool used by everyone in the mental health field, and by many in the educational and criminal justice fields, too.
    And that's another reason why these kinds of "determinations" are inherently dangerous. From a layperson's POV, this smacks of "well, we can't figure out why the peds are attracted to kids, so the only thing left to do is reclassify the condition so that it's not an illness any more -- it's a choice."

Now, someone go ahead and tell me that there isn't an agenda here. Shrinks in academia. Shrinks in private practice. Shrinks who actually diagnose mental illnesses and whose reputations are staked on accuracy of same. Oh, and the Bible they use is the DSM.

If you ain't wrong with the DSM, you ain't wrong.
    U.S. Army, Retired

I hate to be overly graphic, but it comes with the job. A person does not need to have a functioning penis to molest a child or rape someone, in a world where one can buy all manner of fake ones at the Adult Lion superstore on I-94 at the Concord exit. Not to mention the easy availability of things like Coke bottles and such.

Yes, you are right. I still think we should castrate them without anesthesia, before killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Life without parole for molesters, death for molesters who murder their victims.
    Rape and Sodomy have long term detrimental effect on children and perpetrators should also be put to death.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    It was inevitable that you would weigh in on this,
    I have a moral duty to correct the incorrect.

.......your "gay rights" meme is a non sequitur .....
    Make up your mind: is it a slippery slope (ie relevant) or non sequitur (ie irrelevant) ?

In a word, ain't nothin' legitimate about two men having sex. Two women having sex. Men having sex with donkeys. Women having sex with donkeys......
    How clever.

But a gradual acceptance of the gay lifestyle has been, and continues to be, that mantra that you and others push.

The sad fact is, it's working.

And has no more to do with the acceptance of pedophilia, child molestation, or statutory rape than heterosexuality. In fact it has less, made witness by the case of Debra Lafave. Normally I don't argue in the hypothetical, but I don't think it's speculation that had she been male regardless of good looks and charming personality would still be in prison. You certainly wouldn't have geezers on bulletin boards wondering out loud , "Where were teacher like that when I was 14?"

It's working to the point that those poor misguided cretins up north of the border, as confused and delusional as they are, now are trying to sell the idea that pedophilia is another sexual orientation (somehow, once again, lending legitimacy to an abhorrent and horrifying practice in much the same manner that those poor misguided cretins reclassified and legitimized homosexuality from a mental illness to just another "sexual orientation").
    Where in the article did it say that something being a "sexual orientation" meant that it got the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval? Are you under the mistaken impression that homosexuality is legal because it's a sexual orientation? Read the court's opinion. No where does it say that laws against homosexuality are unconstitutional because it's a sexual orientation.

The reality is, they've thrown up their hands, those so-called "men of science," because they can't quite figure out why a person wants to have sex with a child. They even go to the point of trying to classify these perverts according to their preference of "pre- and post-pubescent" children. Ostensibly, an adult that wants to have sex with a post-pubescent child isn't as sick as an adult who wants to get it on with a 7-year-old.
    That's a pretty important distinction and one which the laws of the various states generally take into account. Scientifically, it's a legitimate question why a sexually immature person is attractive to a sexually mature person. The stages older than sexual maturity are legally somewhat arbitrary lines which as the article states have and do indeed vary over time, culture, and location.

This article continues that slide down that slippery slope and lands squarely at the bottom of that trash heap that is our human condition these days.

You haven't demonstrated that.

It started with the gays. Now it's with kids.

What's next? How bad can this get?

I'm quite sure that you, Nova, don't agree that adults having sex with children of any age is a good idea. I'm immensely relieved at that information.
    Again, you haven't demonstrated that. One of the favorite accusations against Mohammed was that he was a pedophile. In truth, he probably wasn't out of step with surrounding cultures. We don't hate Thailand, but the King of Siam had many wives. Were any of them what we would consider children? In the US we have had 12 year old brides, and in Mexico they apparently still do. We don't approve of this, but what precisely has it to do with gay rights or homosexuality? Homosexuality was a felony or a capital crime while all of this was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I just read your article and I don't see where anyone but the author (and you and Eupher) is talking in terms of normalization. Did I miss in the article where it said that the law or society should permit adults to have sex with children?
    I guess you missed a lot since one of the advocates for kid diddling is quoted throughout the article. The original article appeared in the U.K. Guardian.

And if it did, it would be rather idiotic to claim that this was somehow the result of the slippery slope of equal rights for gay people. The stereotype of child molestation is father on daughter not mother on daughter.
    First off Gays have the same rights under the Constitution as I do.

Secondly...Pedo's can also be mother molesting song or grandchild. Lose they streotype mindset.

Third...10 years ago most people would have said that gay marriage was nonsense and would never happen.

Now look what's going on in this country.

Right now we're saying that normalization of pedophillia will never happen...but the inroads are already being made.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

It was inevitable that you would weigh in on this, Nova, as your mantra and your drum beat consists of constantly pushing this "notion" of "gay rights."

Not to rehash all that's been hashed, but your "gay rights" meme is a non sequitur and a straw man. Gays have all the unalienable rights that straights have. How many more "rights" do you think gays should have, above and beyond what straights have? (That's a rhetorical question, btw.)

But beyond your straw man, the point I'm making is that the steady and relentless decline in what I refer to as "traditional values" (you can play with that phrase all you'd like) brought about partly by the gay agenda (which I define as shoving that lifestyle down everybody else's throat) to force legitimacy of that lifestyle to the rest of the world.

In a word, ain't nothin' legitimate about two men having sex. Two women having sex. Men having sex with donkeys. Women having sex with donkeys.

But a gradual acceptance of the gay lifestyle has been, and continues to be, that mantra that you and others push.

The sad fact is, it's working.

It's working to the point that those poor misguided cretins up north of the border, as confused and delusional as they are, now are trying to sell the idea that pedophilia is another sexual orientation (somehow, once again, lending legitimacy to an abhorrent and horrifying practice in much the same manner that those poor misguided cretins reclassified and legitimized homosexuality from a mental illness to just another "sexual orientation").

The reality is, they've thrown up their hands, those so-called "men of science," because they can't quite figure out why a person wants to have sex with a child. They even go to the point of trying to classify these perverts according to their preference of "pre- and post-pubescent" children. Ostensibly, an adult that wants to have sex with a post-pubescent child isn't as sick as an adult who wants to get it on with a 7-year-old.

This article continues that slide down that slippery slope and lands squarely at the bottom of that trash heap that is our human condition these days.

It started with the gays. Now it's with kids.

What's next? How bad can this get?

I'm quite sure that you, Nova, don't agree that adults having sex with children of any age is a good idea. I'm immensely relieved at that information.
    C'mon Euph...it's Nova...you KNOW he's gonna come in and dfend this crap.

He can't help himself.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    C'mon Euph...it's Nova...you KNOW he's gonna come in and dfend this crap.

He can't help himself.
    Nova understands that pedophilia is abhorant and he doesn't want it linked to his sexual and social preferences but to state that no one is saying that pedophilia is on its way to normalization because of the door opened by same sex marriage is delusional. They have been saying this since the idea of same sex marriage became a social concern. It has been mentioned that same sex marriage was opening the doors to normalization of pedophilia, incest and bestiality since this whole debate started and now we are starting to see these abominations as the ensuing fruits of the normalize of same sex marriage.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Nova understands that pedophilia is abhorant and he doesn't want it linked to his sexual and social preferences but to state that no one is saying that pedophilia is on its way to normalization because of the door opened by same sex marriage is delusional. They have been saying this since the idea of same sex marriage became a social concern. It has been mentioned that same sex marriage was opening the doors to normalization of pedophilia, incest and bestiality since this whole debate started and now we are starting to see these abominations as the ensuing fruits of the normalize of same sex marriage.

I share that same concern with Nova, that people will start to classify pedophilia with homosexuality. There needs to be a clear difference in the way society treats consenting adults who are attracted to the same sex from how society treats someone who chooses victims who are either unable to resist or unable to give consent due to age or capacity. The sexual abuse of children always needs to be treated as a crime, the same way raping an adult victim at gunpoint is a crime. Homosexual relationships between consenting adults should not be criminally sanctioned.

10. #30 Re: Normalizing Pedophillia 
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    ...after genital castration.
    You just need a smaller noose.
    I hate to be overly graphic, but it comes with the job. A person does not need to have a functioning penis to molest a child or rape someone, in a world where one can buy all manner of fake ones at the Adult Lion superstore on I-94 at the Concord exit. Not to mention the easy availability of things like Coke bottles and such.

Life, no parole for child molestors.
    At a minimum. I think that our whole concept of parole is flawed. We should require parole board members to share the remainder of a sentence of any perp that they release who repeats the offense. If you aren't sure enough to risk you own life and liberty, then you should be exoposing the rest of us to risk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!