Thread: Windy Wednesday

1. #1 Windy Wednesday 
    It's cool and breezy here with showers forecast for the afternoon. The air quality is terrific.

A number of area hospitals held drills at the Pepsi Center in Denver yesterday. Denver's mayor continues to believe that a couple of school crossing guards with sternly worded warning tickets will be able to handle the DNC. Surrounding communities have been less than enthusiastic about assisting Denver.

TOTD: Do you think there will be serious trouble at the convention this August? Would that make the Democrats look better or worse? Do these protests even work anymore or is that time over?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    TOTD: Do you think there will be serious trouble at the convention this August? Would that make the Democrats look better or worse? Do these protests even work anymore or is that time over?
    Those of us who vividly remember Chicago in 1968 have a pretty high threshhold for what constitutes "serious trouble at the convention". I don't think there will be street violence on that scale, no.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    TOTD: I hope so.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    I think there are a lot of trouble makers in that part of the woods that will cause a great deal of trouble. For starters, it seems that the justice system is timid about prosecuting criminality. The liberal wackos will come out in force if they see that the police will not come down hard on them.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I think there are a lot of trouble makers in that part of the woods that will cause a great deal of trouble. For starters, it seems that the justice system is timid about prosecuting criminality. The liberal wackos will come out in force if they see that the police will not come down hard on them.
    That's an interesting point. A group of pro bono lawyers have been giving potential protesters classes on their rights. They seem to have more rights than regular people. However, they probably don't have more rights than the owners of the million dollar condos nearby. :D

Same weather here - Catalina Eddie is in place till noon.

TOTD: I foresee a gigantic increase in the sales volume of night sticks, mace and tear-gas.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

It's finally un-sauna-like for the first time in four days here.

TOTD: You can never make a Democrat look better.
    Be Not Afraid.

I just had a really terrific car repair experience (see AAA thread). I'm breathing a sigh of relief.

TOTD: Lack Shannon, I kind of hope there are riots. But doubt there will be too much. Rioting requires work and well, we know good old-fashioned work is just not a strong suit of the Dems.

TOTD: Almost undoubtedly. There is a radical group called Recreate '68 that is all about causing trouble at the convention. They've allied themselves with a lot of psycho anarchist groups, and while they are of course careful to avoid presenting any direct incitements to violence, their intentions are clear. Two conservative blogs which are doing an excellent job of monitoring all things related to the convention, especially the planned actions of Recreate 68, are Slapstick Politics and the Drunkablog.
    What especially worries me is that not all of the people who will be demonstrating at the convention are teh Recreate 68 radicals. There is also a Christian pro- life group that wishes to hold a peaceful prayer vigil and worship service in the park during the convention, to pray that the largely pro- abortion Democrat delegates will have a change of heart. I'm afraid that between their commitment to pacifism, their Christian faith, and their opposition to abortion, they may be prime targets for Recreate 68's meth- fueled anarchists to attack. I'll have to remember to pray for their safety during the days of the convention.