Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1 Best termination letter ever 
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,624
    An oldie that was sent by a neighbor, but it is poetic justice.

    Best Layoff Letter Ever
    The BEST way of handling layoffs I have heard .... No wonder this guy is the boss, he is sharp! You can't be any fairer than this leader...


    Dear Employees:


    As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.

    But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.
    So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a fairer way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them.
    I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS

    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,794
    So, you support firing people for their political beliefs? Really wonderful.

    I have an idea. Let's have a single payer system to take the burden off of businesses.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    So, you support firing people for their political beliefs? Really wonderful.

    I have an idea. Let's have a single payer system to take the burden off of businesses.
    I don't support firing people for their political beliefs but I do support firing people who voted for Obama knowing that people would have to be laid off to compensate for the increase in taxes that businesses would have to pay. They know this, they voted anyway so let them be the first to experience the results of their decision.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    I hate to be humorless, but businesses really are doing stupid shit and blaming it on Obama. And some folks are buying into it.

    WASHINGTON (CNNMoney) -- In 2010, chief executives at some of the nation's largest companies earned an average of $11.4 million in total pay -- 343 times more than a typical American worker, according to the AFL-CIO.

    "Despite the collapse of the financial market at the hands of executives less than 3 years ago, the disparity between CEO and workers' pay has continued to grow to levels that are simply stunning," said Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO president.

    http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/19/news..._pay/index.htm

    According to the AFL-CIO, in 1980, CEOs at the largest companies received 42 times the pay of the average worker. In 2000 the gap hit a high, with CEOs making 525 times the average worker.

    In 2010, the gap narrowed with CEOs making 343 times the average worker, said Trumka, who himself makes roughly four times the average worker.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    So, you support firing people for their political beliefs? Really wonderful.

    I have an idea. Let's have a single payer system to take the burden off of businesses.
    I don't support government ran insurance (I can't believe you want a government that can't even run the DMV right to run insurance, Gah!). And I don't support firing people for their political beliefs. That was a pretty funny letter though.

    As for the political part: The retarded liberals voted for this. So whatever they get is justly justified... The wanted it, now they can own it.

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Junior Member Moby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Don't mess with Texas! JUST DON'T DO IT!
    Posts
    8
    So what business is this of yours sir?
    As a stock holder my retirement makes money based on the performance of CEO's. The paycheck of CEO's is based on their performance. So if they get a percentage and do REALLY well for my retirement you want to complain about how much they make? I hope they make 10 times that amount if their pay is based on how muh money they make for me. I've been a commissioned salesman most of my life. Would you limit my paycheck just because i sold more than others?
    You're in the wrong country. Try socailism. Try anything, just somehwere else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I hate to be humorless, but businesses really are doing stupid shit and blaming it on Obama. And some folks are buying into it.

    WASHINGTON (CNNMoney) -- In 2010, chief executives at some of the nation's largest companies earned an average of $11.4 million in total pay -- 343 times more than a typical American worker, according to the AFL-CIO.

    "Despite the collapse of the financial market at the hands of executives less than 3 years ago, the disparity between CEO and workers' pay has continued to grow to levels that are simply stunning," said Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO president.

    http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/19/news..._pay/index.htm

    According to the AFL-CIO, in 1980, CEOs at the largest companies received 42 times the pay of the average worker. In 2000 the gap hit a high, with CEOs making 525 times the average worker.

    In 2010, the gap narrowed with CEOs making 343 times the average worker, said Trumka, who himself makes roughly four times the average worker.
    Sheep, Sheeple, or Sheepdog. You're one of the three.
    Never tell a lie, that your God may accept you into heaven.
    Defend those that cannot defend themselves. Even if it puts you in harms way.
    Have a warrior’s heart! AND NEVER DIE ON YOUR KNEES!
    God Bless Texas!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Junior Member Moby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Don't mess with Texas! JUST DON'T DO IT!
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    So, you support firing people for their political beliefs? Really wonderful.

    I have an idea. Let's have a single payer system to take the burden off of businesses.
    TAKE THE BURDEN OFF BUSINESS??? ARE YOU EVEN PAYING ATTENTION????
    OBAMACARE WILL KILL BUSINESSES!!!! And yes, that means jobs lost.
    Sheep, Sheeple, or Sheepdog. You're one of the three.
    Never tell a lie, that your God may accept you into heaven.
    Defend those that cannot defend themselves. Even if it puts you in harms way.
    Have a warrior’s heart! AND NEVER DIE ON YOUR KNEES!
    God Bless Texas!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Moby View Post
    TAKE THE BURDEN OFF BUSINESS??? ARE YOU EVEN PAYING ATTENTION????
    OBAMACARE WILL KILL BUSINESSES!!!! And yes, that means jobs lost.
    Obamacare is the reason why there are so many layoffs and hour cut backs. But the liberals are too stupid to realize that. They just sit there and watch MSNBC 24/7 while taking the lies they spew as gospel.

    And before the liberal start about Fox News! I WATCH CNN!

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Eupher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mizz-uhr-ah
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I hate to be humorless, but businesses really are doing stupid shit and blaming it on Obama. And some folks are buying into it.

    WASHINGTON (CNNMoney) -- In 2010, chief executives at some of the nation's largest companies earned an average of $11.4 million in total pay -- 343 times more than a typical American worker, according to the AFL-CIO.

    "Despite the collapse of the financial market at the hands of executives less than 3 years ago, the disparity between CEO and workers' pay has continued to grow to levels that are simply stunning," said Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO president.

    http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/19/news..._pay/index.htm

    According to the AFL-CIO, in 1980, CEOs at the largest companies received 42 times the pay of the average worker. In 2000 the gap hit a high, with CEOs making 525 times the average worker.

    In 2010, the gap narrowed with CEOs making 343 times the average worker, said Trumka, who himself makes roughly four times the average worker.
    I have no problem with CEOs making those kinds of salaries. And I think those who envy those CEOs and what they're making have no clue as to how volatile and how "temporary" those kinds of jobs can be.

    Demagoguery and class warfare like this makes one look petty.

    If those guys perform, they get paid. If not, the board of directors lets 'em go. Simple as that.
    U.S. Army, Retired
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    I'm hyper. Lanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,794
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't support firing people for their political beliefs but I do support firing people who voted for Obama knowing that people would have to be laid off to compensate for the increase in taxes that businesses would have to pay. They know this, they voted anyway so let them be the first to experience the results of their decision.
    You don't support firing people because of their political beliefs, but you support firing people for voting for Obama? That's oxymoron.

    It's also Communist. Seriously, the communism I grew up to hate and fear was a system where people would be punished for having a difference of opinion and possibly for acting on it.

    BTW, the businesses talking about laying people off and so forth are multi-million dollar businesses. How often do you hear of this happening in small businesses? No. They're multi-million dollar businesses often not hiring full time anyway. I think they're attention seekers throwing a temper tandrum for their cause.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •