Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I don't support government ran insurance (I can't believe you want a government that can't even run the DMV right to run insurance, Gah!). And I don't support firing people for their political beliefs. That was a pretty funny letter though.

As for the political part: The retarded liberals voted for this. So whatever they get is justly justified... The wanted it, now they can own it.

I like the idea of a system that is both public and private. Many will still want private insurance and will buy it.

Truth is you have a big chunk of this country demanding healthcare reform. They're sick of the greedy, insane system that we have now. At the same time, you have companies complaining about their burdens (all the while they spend too much on a CEO and waste money in multiple areas). I bet in about twenty to fifty years, there's going to be a single payer system to make things easier on companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You don't support firing people because of their political beliefs, but you support firing people for voting for Obama? That's oxymoron.

It's also Communist. Seriously, the communism I grew up to hate and fear was a system where people would be punished for having a difference of opinion and possibly for acting on it.

BTW, the businesses talking about laying people off and so forth are multi-million dollar businesses. How often do you hear of this happening in small businesses? No. They're multi-million dollar businesses often not hiring full time anyway. I think they're attention seekers throwing a temper tandrum for their cause.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I like the idea of a system that is both public and private. Many will still want private insurance and will buy it.

Truth is you have a big chunk of this country demanding healthcare reform. They're sick of the greedy, insane system that we have now. At the same time, you have companies complaining about their burdens (all the while they spend too much on a CEO and waste money in multiple areas). I bet in about twenty to fifty years, there's going to be a single payer system to make things easier on companies.
    Government taking over health care is not the answer. Passing tort reform (And making the loser of frivolous lawsuits pay all cost), and allowing insurance companies to do business across state lines, which will increase competition, is ...

one of the main reasons insurance is so high is because of the high price the doctors have to pay for malpractice insurance. People will sue for anything and making it where the loser of the lawsuit pays will greatly reduce the frivolous lawsuits.

The government has no business sticking their nose in my medical issues, and they have no business allowing a group of 15 people to make the decisions on whether I should be allowed to get a life hindering operation or not.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

4. #14 Re: Best termination letter ever 
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Government taking over health care is not the answer. Passing tort reform (And making the loser of frivolous lawsuits pay all cost), and allowing insurance companies to do business across state lines, which will increase competition, is ...

one of the main reasons insurance is so high is because of the high price the doctors have to pay for malpractice insurance. People will sue for anything and making it where the loser of the lawsuit pays will greatly reduce the frivolous lawsuits.

The government has no business sticking their nose in my medical issues, and they have no business allowing a group of 15 people to make the decisions on whether I should be allowed to get a life hindering operation or not.
    Also, limit awards to actual damages. Punitive damages should not be leavied except for those cases where criminal negligence is proven and attorneys taking contingency fees should be treated as parties to the suit for the purpose of loser pays rules.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Also, limit awards to actual damages. Punitive damages should not be leavied except for those cases where criminal negligence is proven and attorneys taking contingency fees should be treated as parties to the suit for the purpose of loser pays rules.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    That I like also. That would be a good addition.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

So, you support firing people for their political beliefs? Really wonderful.

I have an idea. Let's have a single payer system to take the burden off of businesses.
    This is the humor section of the forum.

If you don't find it funny simply move on.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    This is the humor section of the forum.

If you don't find it funny simply move on.

Exactly. Christ Lanie, this has been posted a million times in a million places...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Exactly. Christ Lanie, this has been posted a million times in a million places...
    Some things are beyond "not funny." It's more like a pre-election threat that some want to be reality. However, this is the humor section, and I will keep my mouth shut from now on, even if a joke is beyond not funny.