1. #1 Sony unveils the waterproof phone you can drop it down the toilet 
    Sony unveils the waterproof phone you can use in the bath - and it will even keep working if you drop it down the toilet

Xperia Z handset is electronic giant's new flagship it hopes will compete with the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy
    Runs Google's Android software, and set to go on sale in March
    Has waterproof coating

By Mark Prigg

PUBLISHED: 05:15 EST, 8 January 2013 | UPDATED: 08:05 EST, 8 January 2013

It is the mobile phone you can use in the bath or shower without fear - and can even survive being dropped down the toilet.

Sony has unveiled its latest mobile phone - and hopes the waterproof design will help it take on the iPhone.

The Xperia Z was unveiled at the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz2HRdujaXp
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

interesting but I will need information on the processor. This is welcome when you have drowned 3 phones like I have.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It is the mobile phone you can use in the bath or shower without fear - and can even survive being dropped down the toilet.
    Sounds like a lot more potty talk will be coming out of this.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The new Xperia phone has a 4.5 inch screen. The Samsung Galaxy S 3 has a 4.8 inch screen. An iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen. From what I am hearing, the iPhone 6 will have a 5 inch screen. It won't be long till you are carrying a mini tablet in your pocket. I can see up to a 6 inch screen for people like me with fat fingers, but anything bigger than that is pure overkill.

The Xperia aso has a 13 megapixel camera in it. Wow ...

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    The new Xperia phone has a 4.5 inch screen. The Samsung Galaxy S 3 has a 4.8 inch screen. An iPhone 5 has a 4 inch screen. From what I am hearing, the iPhone 6 will have a 5 inch screen. It won't be long till you are carrying a mini tablet in your pocket. I can see up to a 6 inch screen for people like me with fat fingers, but anything bigger than that is pure overkill.

They will find a way to interface with your optic nerve before it is over.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Interfacing with the optic nerve wouldn't surprise me at all.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Jack Kirby predicted this decades ago.

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

That is one of the reasons I have trouble getting into smartphones. They just seem too big for me. I like the Android OS for devices like tablets, game systems, and netbooks, but it's not exactly something I would want to carry in my pocket all day (maybe unless it was one of the smaller ones such as the Galaxy Pocket or Galaxy Mini). Physical buttons are also convenient...

I am currently using a Samsung M400 and will most likely just be sticking to flip phones, though I do think the waterproof technology is pretty impressive. Hopefully we will see more phones (and tablets) like it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    That is one of the reasons I have trouble getting into smartphones. They just seem too big for me. I like the Android OS for devices like tablets, game systems, and netbooks, but it's not exactly something I would want to carry in my pocket all day (maybe unless it was one of the smaller ones such as the Galaxy Pocket or Galaxy Mini). Physical buttons are also convenient...

I am currently using a Samsung M400 and will most likely just be sticking to flip phones, though I do think the waterproof technology is pretty impressive. Hopefully we will see more phones (and tablets) like it in the future.
    A larger size is better for me as long as it fits in my pocket, I use stereo bluetooth headphones and listen to audio books ,blogs and podcasts as well as Iheart radio through my phone, Most of the time the phone is hooked up to my laptop unless I'm operating equipment.
    I bought a hardcase/sleeve for mine and have a strip of Velcro on the back so I can stick my phone to my dashboard, tractor, dozer etc....

I guess this is good for some water exposures but I am pretty certain that once something falls in the toilet I don't want to be putting it up to my face. I leave that up to you dare devils.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I guess this is good for some water exposures but I am pretty certain that once something falls in the toilet I don't want to be putting it up to my face. I leave that up to you dare devils.
    Silly, you let your dog lick it off first.