1. #1 Good Idea??? (Fixing the Banking Mess) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s

If nothing else, this will give you the scope of the money the government is willing to hand out.

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG. Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafideU.S. Citizens 18+. Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman andchild. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.. So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals$425,000.00. My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%. Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends$25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam. But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. Ahusband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family? Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads Put away money forcollege - it'll be there Save in a bank - create money to loan toentrepreneurs. Buy a new car - create jobsInvest in the market - capital drives growth Pay for your parent'smedical insurance - health care improves Enable Deadbeat Dads to comeclean or else Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back.

And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces . If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up. Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't. Sure it's a crazy idea that can work.

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party! How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC . And remember, The Family plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam. Ahhh...

I feel so much better getting that off my chest

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2090558/posts

200,000,000 into one billion = 5

5 x 85 = (?) 425,000
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

$900,000,000,000.00/200,000,000=$4,500.00

megi, do you actually read this shit before you post it?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

no, and few read it after he posts it

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    no, and few read it after he posts it
    It's all about quantity with him, not quality.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's all about quantity with him, not quality.
    Perhaps, but I like reading the articles megs posts. Many times I don't agree with them, some I think are silly, some I think are interesting.

Oh megi! Double Snap!