Total Time 15 minutesThis recipe makes 4 servings
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoon yogurt, fat-free plain
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- salt to taste
- pepper, black ground to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) chives, fresh minced
- 4 large lettuce, butter or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 pounds turkey, deli-style thinly sliced
- 6 ounce(s) cheese, reduced-fat Swiss thinly sliced
- 1 Scoop the avocado into a small bowl and, using a fork, mash with the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt to taste, and a generous amount of black pepper. Stir in the minced chives and blend until the dressing is very smooth and spreadable.
- 2 Place a lettuce leaf on a work surface. Using one-fourth each of the turkey, cheese, and avocado mixture (about 2 tablespoons), place alternating slices of cheese and turkey on the leaf, spreading avocado mixture between layers as you go. Roll up the leaf and tie closed with a blanched chive, if using.
- 3 Make 3 more roll-ups using the remaining ingredients and wrap the other 3 in plastic wrap and store in frig if using for snacks for yourself..
Source: South Beach Diet