Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 If you could move abroad, would you? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Another moronic bail thread...

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 08:11 PM
    Brigid

If you could move abroad, would you?

Last edited Tue Jan 8, 2013, 08:16 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    I have often thought lately that if a good opportunity came along, I would leave without regret. We can't seem to get anything done anymore in this country, we still don't have universal health care, our educational system is nothing but a political football, privacy is a quaint concept, our infrastructure is crumbling, there are guns everywhere, our politicians are for the most part clowns, we spend far too much money on the military, and Larry the Cable Guy is what passes for entertainment. Obama reminds me of one of those few capable emperors in the waning decades of the Roman Empire who tried to halt the decline of the empire but in the end couldn't do it. Why is it I watch "House Hunters International" and fantasize?
    Please leave already you pond scum. And make sure you take Pitt with you.

Response to Brigid (Original post)
    Tue Jan 8, 2013, 08:13 PM
    CaliforniaPeggy

1. Actually, my dear Brigid, I would not. Why?
    My husband and I are too old, we no longer work, and most countries don't want people like us.

Our families are here, our children and grandchildren.

We built our home, and we don't want to live anywhere else.

Those are our reasons.

I do hear ya, though. Some days, I wish we could...
    You forgot to mention your "home" is a McMansion didn't you Peg??? What a Limo Libtard.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I've lived in other countries...and was VERY glad my HOME was here in the US!

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...they just don't know it's poisoned grass growing.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    I've lived in other countries...and was VERY glad my HOME was here in the US!

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...they just don't know it's poisoned grass growing.
    My grandparents traveled the world and when they would return home and my grandmother would see the Statue of Liberty she would cry. Idiots like the DUmp don't know how good they have it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    My grandparents traveled the world and when they would return home and my grandmother would see the Statue of Liberty she would cry.
    I understand how your grandmother felt.

While the countries I lived in overseas were very nice, they were NOT the US. I lived in The Netherlands and Belgium for about 2 years. Nice places, very clean, but NOT HOME!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Fabulous Poster
    Considering how it irritated me to be unarmed in Oakland California, then no, I would not live abroad.

Step outside of the bounds of the US, or Canada for that matter, and you're in a whole different world. Mexico and Laos taught me that.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Power CUer
    I could happily live in Paris for a few years, but that has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with Paris. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

There are a lot of places I'd like to visit-Prague, London, the Angor Wat in Cambodia, the child I sponsor in Kenya. But I want to come home when I'm done visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I could happily live in Paris for a few years, but that has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with Paris. :)
    Don't do that, it could make you snooty and aloof.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I lived in Germany for almost 15 years. Loved it. Didn't want to come back, but events pretty much forced that to occur.

I'm not sorry. I don't believe I'd have half the lifestyle Mrs E and I enjoy had I stayed.
    U.S. Army, Retired