Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    And a stich in time saves nine.
    Somehow, I never pictured you sitting home mending clothes.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Somehow, I never pictured you sitting home mending clothes.
    Actually, I prefer cooking. I really don't have the patience to knit.

    However, my point is that I'm not sure what your reference has to the topic under discussion. But, after considering it, I do see one -- the DUmmies are overreacting in an analogous, but opposite, way that people here did. They're saying that capitalism is dead while posters here have been saying there's absolutely nothing wrong. So, my compliments to you for a very insightful observation.

    Two sides. Same coin.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    BUT, don't forget, McCain's going to carry NJ!!! :D What f**king idiot would believe that? Only one who's never been to NJ (or perhaps, out of the Swamps).
    Uhh McCain is carrying NY too didn't you hear?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member OwlMBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    It's a great time to buy investment property! There are going to be a whoooooooooooooooole lot of new renters out there!

    So those with money are going to profit off of this recession. BIG TIME. Best case scenario is that access to loans and capital dries up for 20-30% of the population. Worst case scenario it dries up for 50-60%. That means a lot of people who can't buy homes. America already spends every cent that it earns, and that is in a GOOD economy. Nobody will have money to put down to buy a house, and no bank will loan without a down payment, and even then they are going to only loan to the lowest risk customers. That means a lot of renters.

    That means a lot of money for people buying cheap houses and renting them out. The housing market is so overbuilt that the demand for houses will never, and I mean NEVER match the over-supply.

    Cash in!
    Last edited by OwlMBA; 09-26-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    **** Obama and **** you too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    It's a great time to buy investment property! There are going to be a whoooooooooooooooole lot of new renters out there!
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member OwlMBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh! ;)
    Meh, there is still plenty to go around. :D
    **** Obama and **** you too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Citigroup to buy Wachovia banking operations
    Monday September 29, 11:25 am ET

    Citigroup will buy Wachovia's banking operations; FDIC says Wachovia didn't fail

    NEW YORK (AP) -- In the latest byproduct of the widening global financial crisis, Citigroup Inc. will acquire the banking operations of Wachovia Corp. in a deal facilitated by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.

    Citigroup will absorb up to $42 billion of losses from Wachovia's $312 billion loan portfolio, with the FDIC covering any remaining losses, the government agency said Monday. Citigroup also will issue $12 billion in preferred stock and warrants to the FDIC.

    The deal greatly expands Citigroup's retail outlets and secures its place among the U.S. banking industry's Big Three, along with Bank of America Corp. and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. But it comes at a cost -- Citigroup said Monday it will seek to sell $10 billion in common stock and slashed its quarterly dividend in half to 16 cents to shore up its capital position.

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080929/wacho...roup.html?.v=1
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Citigroup to buy Wachovia banking operations
    Monday September 29, 11:25 am ET

    Citigroup will buy Wachovia's banking operations; FDIC says Wachovia didn't fail

    NEW YORK (AP) -- In the latest byproduct of the widening global financial crisis, Citigroup Inc. will acquire the banking operations of Wachovia Corp. in a deal facilitated by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.

    Citigroup will absorb up to $42 billion of losses from Wachovia's $312 billion loan portfolio, with the FDIC covering any remaining losses, the government agency said Monday. Citigroup also will issue $12 billion in preferred stock and warrants to the FDIC.

    The deal greatly expands Citigroup's retail outlets and secures its place among the U.S. banking industry's Big Three, along with Bank of America Corp. and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. But it comes at a cost -- Citigroup said Monday it will seek to sell $10 billion in common stock and slashed its quarterly dividend in half to 16 cents to shore up its capital position.

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080929/wacho...roup.html?.v=1
    Don't worry. Be happy. I hear house prices are up in the LA swamps.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Looks like you don't have to work . Insult edited . I guess you aren't her only customer, huh?
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 10-03-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Let's leave significant others out of the insults.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Looks like you don't have to work . Insult edited . I guess you aren't her only customer, huh?
    Let's leave friends, family members, and defenseless animals out these discussions, shall we? There's more than enough material to work with involving the actual membership. ;)
    Last edited by Constitutionally Speaking; 10-03-2008 at 03:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •