Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Why Hollywood Leftists Love Lincoln 
    Why Hollywood Leftists Love Lincoln

Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo

So the Academy Award nominations are out, and while several very high profile, big money actors were ignored, Steven Spielbeg's schlocky Lincoln movie almost swept the board. Drudge calls the award nominations "Land of Lincoln."

I've already written of how the story line of Spielberg's "Lincoln" is totally bogus and in fact gets the historical facts exactly backwards. There's no historical evidence that Lincoln lifted a finger to get the Thirteenth Amendment passed, the bogus theme of the movie.

So let's see: The Hollywood Left, the people who blackball anyone who is slightly suspected of having genuinely conservative or libertarian opinions about anything related to government; the financiers of the Obama campaign; the people who held $50,000/plate dinners for Obama; the fiercest advocates of gun control laws, welfare statism run wild, increasingly "progressive" income taxation; the haters of capitalism, as demonstrated in hundreds of their movies;the kind of people who publicly talk about shooting Alex Jones dead for having the gall to defend the Second Amendmet on CNN; people like Woody Allen who have publicly implored Obama to just declare himself dictator -- is just bonkers over a movie that portrays Lincoln as a slick, deceitful, lying, conniving, manipulating politician who trashes the law and especially the Constitution. And he does it all for a "good purpose." A Hitler with a smiling face.

What, pray tell, could be the message in this that we're supposed to get? Could it possibly have anything to do with the dozens of articles popping up on the Web attempting to either compare Obama to Lincoln, or urging him to act in a more dictatorial manner -- just like Lincoln? Will Obama cite Lincoln (and Spielberg) when he announces his "executive order" banning certain guns? If he doesn't do it personally, he will make sure that Biden or some of his other flunkies do. Republicans have been playing the "Lincoln did it, therefore it must be the right thing to do" game for decades.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

It's not the first time DiLorenzo has exposed dis-honest abe for the corporate shill he was. He and the little o do have much in common, both were/are enemies of the state.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Lincoln saved this union and is the second greatest president we have ever had.

Loving Lincoln is hardly new to this country, whether we are discussing liberals or republicans. His image is on our money, he has a big-ass monument in the capital and there is a holiday that although called "President's Day", really honors two specific Presidents: Washington and Lincoln.

Stories about his childhood have become part of our folklore. There have been movies before portraying his life, even fiction like "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter".

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Loving Lincoln is hardly new to this country, whether we are discussing liberals or republicans. His image is on our money, he has a big-ass monument in the capital and there is a holiday that although called "President's Day", really honors two specific Presidents: Washington and Lincoln.

Stories about his childhood have become part of our folklore. There have been movies before portraying his life, even fiction like "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter".
    Most of the big government shitty statist fool POTUS are on our money.. (cept Washington and Jefferson)

The Lincoln worship is basically a big combination of fiction. Most people who subscribe to his greatness are the Ends justify the Means types.

They basically have to not give a shit that he violated American Civil rights, destroyed every state rights precedent, which is effecting us today in areas such as health care, taxation, education, and gun rights to name a few...., Helped invent Scorched earth Total war on Civilians, and basically pushed the tipping point from a Republic to a Federal behemoth. Laying the ground work for dickheads like Wilson, FDR, Johnson, Clinton, BushII and Obama.

Thanks alot there Abey'. You saved us.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    That's how I see it. When I learned a little more about Lincoln and his involvement (or his reaction) to the Wilmot Proviso, The Missouri Compromise, and the Nebraska Act - all of which promoted or extended slavery - and the details of how he "lost" the election to the senate in Illinois, I formed total respect for the guy.

The Emancipation Proclamation, I think, was a stroke of genius. It actually did not free a single slave, but gave southern Negroes a reason not to fight and let the north win. He accomplished this, of course, by freeing slaves only in the Southern States - which were no longer part of The United States, which he presided over.

As far as his involvement with the 13th amendment goes, his writings and activities during the 1850's clearly indicate that he was in favor of such an amendment, and saw that if slavery was not made illegal by virtue of the constitution then it would return when the Southern states returned. And, finally, he signed it. Now, the writer wants everyone to believe that Lincoln was ambivalent about the issue? I just don't think so.
    The Republican party was founded as an anti-slavery party!

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    disHonest Abe trashed the Constitution, was responsible for the de facto repeal of the 10th Amendment, started a war that killed over 600,000 people, encouraged his officers and troops to commit atrocities against non-combatants including women and children both black and white and is directly responsible for the existing oppressive federal government that is unabashedly doing their damnedest to install a communist regime even as we speak.

Anybody that admires Stinkin Linkin is either an ignorant fool or a POS statist/marxist.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ah yes, Abe Lincoln. The father of big government.
    ďA creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.Ē Ė Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

He also killed zombies. Check out netflix

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    He also killed zombies. Check out netflix
    Actually, your comment is about as accurate as some of the others.