#1 Benghazi: unanswered questions...01-11-2013, 07:48 PM
“As the U.S. Senate considers President Obama’s key national security nominations in the coming weeks, here is a partial list of unanswered questions that still must be addressed regarding the Benghazi terrorist attack that killed four brave Americans on September 11, 2012:
• Was the President made aware of the classified cable that, according to published media reports, Ambassador Chris Stevens sent on August 15, 2012, stating that the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi could not survive a sustained assault from one or more of the threatening militia groups that were operating in eastern Libya?
• Was the Secretary of State made aware of that cable and its contents?
• Did the President's national security staff make him aware of the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that occurred in April and June of last year and the assassination attempt on the British Ambassador in Benghazi around the same time?
• If so, what actions did the President and Secretary of State take?
• When was the President first informed about the attack on September 11, 2012, and what actions did he take?
• What were the President’s activities during the seven hours the attack went on?
• What were the Secretary of State's activities during this time?
• On the anniversary of the worst terrorist attack in American history, after multiple attacks this year on U.S. and Western interests in Libya, and with rising insecurity in countries across the Middle East, why were U.S. military units and assets in the region not ready, alert, and positioned to respond in a timely fashion to what should have been a foreseeable emergency?
• Why were the testimonies of the U.S. personnel who were evacuated from Benghazi on September 12 – eyewitnesses who knew there never was a demonstration outside the Consulate – not shared in a timely way with, and immediately factored in to the judgments of, our intelligence community?
• Does this failure reflect obstacles that still exist to the free sharing of information across executive branch agencies, which was a key concern of the 9/11 Commission?
• Why has the Administration refused to provide the full text of emails regarding the deletion of references to Al-Qaeda and terrorism in the talking points on which Ambassador Rice relied several days after the attack?
• Considering that the President now labels the Benghazi attack as an act of terrorism, why has he designated the search for those responsible as a criminal investigation led by the FBI?
• Has the FBI-led criminal investigation in any way impeded the ability of other government agencies to investigate and assist in identifying those responsible for the attack?
• Why did the Administration not do more to support and assist the new Libyan government that took power after the fall of Qaddafi as Al-Qaeda, affiliated groups, and local militias established sanctuaries in the ungoverned spaces of eastern Libya – a development that directly implicates U.S. national security interests, and which is the real explanation why four Americans lost their lives in Benghazi?”
Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
01-11-2013, 07:56 PM
They will never come clean on Benghazi or Fast and Furious and no one of any consequence will hold them to it.The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Benghazi? It was a youtube video. Deal with it.
Hillary is supposed to testify but I'm sure that bump on her head caused her temporary amnesia.Be Not Afraid.
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Colin Powell just gave Hillary a "heckuva job Brownie" moment today. Said she's not at fault for what happened and couldn't see that it would happen. Ug.Be Not Afraid.
01-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Is This The Scandal That Will Bring Obama Down?
A retired four-star admiral is now claiming that Barack Obama intentionally conspired with America's enemies to stage a bogus attack and the kidnapping of an American ambassador so he could "negotiate" the release of a "hostage" and bolster his mediocre approval ratings just prior to the election?It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
01-16-2013, 01:28 AM
Hillary is testifying about it on the 23rd. I wonder what lies she will tell? She probably got coaching from the king of lying, her husband, Slick Willy III ...
I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
01-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Some believe the lady who was caught with Petreus may have spilled the beans on some of the details of the attack.
She has said they were holding prisoners at the Consulate. How would she have access to those detail? Hmm.
Her slip up begins at 34:40Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown
The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
01-16-2013, 11:08 AM
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
I think it would be a whole lot easier to just make a list of the answered questions about Benghazi:
Short list, I know.Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|