Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Well there we go, you thought that was a good plan? Glad the people who did not want to see Iraq divide into 3 parts won out.
    Why? Do you not think a similar plan has worked well in Bosnia? I've lived there and can tell you that, while there are a lot of problems, the Dayton Accords have been a key factor in reducing violence.

How would that have worked in Iraq? Clearly, the problem of oil revenues would have had to be resolved. However, given a reasonable conclusion to that, we would have developed allied mini-states, including the Kurds as a separate entity. While this would have temprarily alienated Turkey, that could have been contained and a permanent ally in the region established.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    But we're not talking about their ideology, we're talking about their experience. This is the problem on both sides, the tendency to qualify judgement based upon the liberal/conservative leanings of the person being judged. Biden, whether you agree with his views or not, has extensive experience in foreign affairs -- his partition plan for Iraq, based upon the partition of Bosnia, was probably the right way to go -- and in domestic affairs. That's clearly not to say he is perfect (what candidate is). I'm not comfortable, for example, with many of his ideas regarding civil liberties,.
    Having the experience counts for nothing if he does the wrong thing all the time. On the McCain/Palin ticket we have both the needed experience, and the record of chosing the right thing most of the time. It's stupid to vote for someone with the experience to be totally wrong for the country.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

I don't get it. The vast majority of folks on this forum would probably agree the MSM is solidly behind the Democrats. When businesses start closing their doors and laying off workers because there isn't any capital available to borrow, who is the MSM gonna say caused it? They damn sure won't say its Obama's fault.

No matter what, it WILL be the Republican's fault, actually McCain's. I don't see how this dragging on could possibly not hurt McCain.

BTW, I've told my wife if Obama wins I'm all for her taking a position in the Netherlands she was offered. So c'mon McCain, get this damn thing fixed and kick some Demo butt.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.