1. #1 Alex Jones' film about leaving the cities and gaining survival skills 
    Since old Alex was in the news this week, here is his latest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrHrG19URo4

I didn't have time to watch it, since it's over 2 hours long. I watched a few minutes of it. Alex should join up with Jim Bakker, formerly of PTL. He has a new show on cable, with his new wife (who will make you miss Tammy Faye), his daughter and his grandson. It's allegedly a Christian ministry, but from what I could see, it was just a new way for him to scam money off of the faithful by selling them "prepper" goods in exchange for their donations. This includes everything from powdered food too emergency generators.

Since I live a half block north of the city that pretty much everyone uses as their example of urban horror, I can understand the fear that people would have. Especially after yet another New Year's Eve punctuated with the sound of dumbasses firing their guns into the air. Yet I'm not ready to flee in fear to the exurbs or country.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I didn't have time to watch it, since it's over 2 hours long. I watched a few minutes of it. Alex should join up with Jim Bakker, formerly of PTL. He has a new show on cable, with his new wife (who will make you miss Tammy Faye), his daughter and his grandson. It's allegedly a Christian ministry, but from what I could see, it was just a new way for him to scam money off of the faithful by selling them "prepper" goods in exchange for their donations. This includes everything from powdered food too emergency generators.

Since I live a half block north of the city that pretty much everyone uses as their example of urban horror, I can understand the fear that people would have. Especially after yet another New Year's Eve punctuated with the sound of dumbasses firing their guns into the air. Yet I'm not ready to flee in fear to the exurbs or country.
    I have an idea for evangelistic vending machines if you have some extra money to invest. You insert fives or ones into the machine depending on the blessing you wish to receive and the machine will speak to you in a language you cannot understand and heal you.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have an idea for evangelistic vending machines if you have some extra money to invest. You insert fives or ones into the machine depending on the blessing you wish to receive and the machine will speak to you in a language you cannot understand and heal you.

I thought people gave money to those groups for the love gifts-like "Last Supper" serving plates and the like. TBN has something different and new every month! Jack van Impe offers an edition of the Bible that also contains his 3 books as commentary as a reward for donations.

I thought people gave money to those groups for the love gifts-like "Last Supper" serving plates and the like. TBN has something different and new every month! Jack van Impe offers an edition of the Bible that also contains his 3 books as commentary as a reward for donations.
    Hmmmm, have seed packets been tried?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Hmmmm, have seed packets been tried?
    When I lived in the city of Detroit, I used to get some really interesting mail. Most particularly interesting was the St. Matthew's Churches stuff, which included seed packets to pray over and "prayer rugs" which were made of paper, that would allegedly increase my prayer power and make me rich!

Now all I get are Jehovah's Witness' tracts shoved between the screen door and the wood door. They are drab and boring in comparison.

When I lived in the city of Detroit, I used to get some really interesting mail. Most particularly interesting was the St. Matthew's Churches stuff, which included seed packets to pray over and "prayer rugs" which were made of paper, that would allegedly increase my prayer power and make me rich!

Now all I get are Jehovah's Witness' tracts shoved between the screen door and the wood door. They are drab and boring in comparison.
    They have a church in Broken Arrow OK that is built on a hill with a huge brick funnel shaped wall giving it the appearance of a gramophone. Apparently the prayers were amplified when using this, I hope it wasn't to irritating in heaven with the increased volume.
    I noticed it was boarded up last time I was close by, I don't think it was hit by lightning or anything like that, but it did get damage from the ice storm.

Crazy people are a liability in a survival situation, unless you have need of a suicidal volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Crazy people are a liability in a survival situation, unless you have need of a suicidal volunteer.
    It depends on who you are fighting. I saw a movie once about American and British women who were POWs of Japan in WWII or of Vietnam in that conflict, and the captors did not want to kill the crazy woman because they feared whoever killed her would end up possessed by her spirit.