Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If Obama is found to be a fraud, then he should be impeached and imprisoned.

The thing you have to look at as far as a revolt, though, is that if we keep going down the road we are going on, there will be one whether we want it or not.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Power CUer
    Don't get too excited about this. It's going to "conference" on Feb.5. Conference days are when the court considers disposition of cases before it. These are usually, but not always, on Fridays. They discuss whether to grant certiorari and hear the case. At least four justices have to vote yes for it to be considered.

About 100 cases in 10,000 survive this process.

On edit: Sorry, it's Feb. 15. That makes more sense, because the conferences are usually on Fridays. They go through a stack of cases, and for most it just takes a minute or two to say "Naaaahh...." and move on to the next.
    Last edited by linda22003; 01-14-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Also bear in mind that if the Court doesn't hear the case, they're telling old Orly to go pound sand. She can't keep coming back and pestering them with it. That's where my bet is.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Well, this thread certainly got quiet, after all the legal debate that was going on. Was it something I said?

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Well, this thread certainly got quiet, after all the legal debate that was going on. Was it something I said?

I tend to agree with you on the whole court telling Orly to pound sand thing, but they were having such fun speculating.

Power CUer
    Some of the posters seemed to think there would actually be oral arguments before the court, and I wanted to make sure they knew there was still a very high hurdle. It's really hard to imagine they would do anything other than chuckle and shake their heads before moving on to the next case.

Some of the posters seemed to think there would actually be oral arguments before the court, and I wanted to make sure they knew there was still a very high hurdle. It's really hard to imagine they would do anything other than chuckle and shake their heads before moving on to the next case.
    It is so kind of you to take time from your busy day to enlighten the poor knuckle draggers here that you so delight in ridiculing. I always knew there was a reason that I mistrusted RINO's, particularly the ones from the East Coast. Thanks for the reminder.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It is so kind of you to take time from your busy day to enlighten the poor knuckle draggers here that you so delight in ridiculing. I always knew there was a reason that I mistrusted RINO's, particularly the ones from the East Coast. Thanks for the reminder.
    Where the hell did that come from? I merely said that some people were sounding as though this was going to be considered by the Court as a case. My being from the east coast has nothing to do with the veracity of the information. I used to be a law librarian, and I have some experience with how the Supreme Court works, since I was a law librarian in the capital. The procedure is the same for RINOs, Ardent Republicans, and Passionate Democrats. The politics of it don't matter.

You can check on Supreme Court conference days yourself if I am untrustworthy. I am sorry that you are so unhappy these days.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Not at all. I'm saying that the consequences of fraud would be worse, because the senate wouldn't remove him from office and he would continue to shred the Constitution, but without any pretense of legitimacy. It would tear the country apart.

Mayhem loses much of its appeal when you have kids.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    When this clown is shown to be a fraud the senate will have to act if it's to have any credibility as the legislative branch of checks and balances prescribed by the Constitution. That means removal from office.

BTW, the country is already torn apart. Always has been, actually.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Where the hell did that come from? I merely said that some people were sounding as though this was going to be considered by the Court as a case. My being from the east coast has nothing to do with the veracity of the information. I used to be a law librarian, and I have some experience with how the Supreme Court works, since I was a law librarian in the capital. The procedure is the same for RINOs, Ardent Republicans, and Passionate Democrats. The politics of it don't matter.

You can check on Supreme Court conference days yourself if I am untrustworthy. I am sorry that you are so unhappy these days.
    Not unhappy, just a comment on your usual air of condescension. I have no challenge on the Supreme Court conference days.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"