Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1 Time Inc. Will Lay Off 700 People After Ad Lose 
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,100
    Time Warner's Time Inc. will lay off up to 700 staffers out of just under 8,000 total as the publisher's new chief struggles to transform famous titles and massive market share into a digital profit center.


    Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/time-...#ixzz2Hp0OzQNt



    Their readership is way down, ads drying up. And now they are cutting staff. Too bad - so sad.

    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Time Warner's Time Inc. will lay off up to 700 staffers out of just under 8,000 total as the publisher's new chief struggles to transform famous titles and massive market share into a digital profit center.


    Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/time-...#ixzz2Hp0OzQNt



    Their readership is way down, ads drying up. And now they are cutting staff. Too bad - so sad.

    What kind of job do liberal media hacks find? I guess their is always Aljazz.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member ReinMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Luna Pier, MI
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What kind of job do liberal media hacks find? I guess their is always Aljazz.
    Yep, Al-J will have deep pockets, and be anxious to purchase credibility.

    Should also give some insight as to the going rate for the souls of print journalists.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

    ~John Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,429
    The job market keeps getting tougher.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    The St Pete Times (now Tampa Bay Times) seems to survive on people such as my mother who still buy the paper and play the crossword. It's actually one of the most read papers per market area in the country. I haven't taken the paper in years. Most of the time I ended up simply throwing it away whole. It's wasteful.

    By the same token, I do enjoy the online publications when I want to read the details of some issue, and clearly when people stop taking the paper entirely, then something has to give. I wouldn't mind paying a few cents in user fees for each visit, but I am not going to buy a membership to ten different newspapers. So they need to figure out how to work this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying a few cents in user fees for each visit, but I am not going to buy a membership to ten different newspapers. So they need to figure out how to work this.
    Send me some money and I'll tell you how to do it.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •