1. #1 Sumbody 'splain this to me... 
    I run three browsers all for different purposes.

IE for the google mapping and the Houston Chronicle games
    Opera to read the daily funnies
    Firefox for everything else

I have Kaspersky protection that seems to be very effective

I have the anti-tracking switches set in every browser

I STILL get targeted ads for almost everything and every place I ever go shopping or looking at products and I get them in all three browsers.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I run three browsers all for different purposes.

IE for the google mapping and the Houston Chronicle games
    Opera to read the daily funnies
    Firefox for everything else

I have Kaspersky protection that seems to be very effective

I have the anti-tracking switches set in every browser

I STILL get targeted ads for almost everything and every place I ever go shopping or looking at products and I get them in all three browsers.
    To do so you would have to disable all cookies and it would be hard to use the internet that way.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Lunascape has a browser that will allow you to browse completely anonymously, it will also run in trident mode(IE) or Gecko mode(Firefox)
    If you are that concerned with privacy, download and play with it, use privacy setting.

http://www.lunascape.tv/
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I use the Opera beta version called opera next, when I right click on the a tab it gives me the option for privacy mode, your standard Opera may also have it.

Some how or another I thought once you had checked off on no-tracking that kind of stuff was supposed to stop cookies or no cookies?

I bought some Columbia shirts right after Christmas and now I see them marching by on every page I visit that has ads including CU. I'm hooking up a set of bluetooth earphones to the home theater and now am being besieged by adapters and links. Etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Some how or another I thought once you had checked off on no-tracking that kind of stuff was supposed to stop cookies or no cookies?

I bought some Columbia shirts right after Christmas and now I see them marching by on every page I visit that has ads including CU. I'm hooking up a set of bluetooth earphones to the home theater and now am being besieged by adapters and links. Etc. etc. etc.
    They find the cookie that was dropped in your computer when you bought the shirts. you can go in and manually shut off cookies for sites that you don't want them from but it isn't worth the hassle to me. CU drops a cookie on you and that is how you stay logged in each session or you would have to re log in every time you open a page.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Your talking pop-ups or some thing else?

If your getting pop-ups, easy fix, DL and install the Yahoo toolbar. It has a built in pop-up blocker that works fairly well. Exceptions are some lesser rep sites and if you have any spam-ware in your system.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Your talking pop-ups or some thing else?

If your getting pop-ups, easy fix, DL and install the Yahoo toolbar. It has a built in pop-up blocker that works fairly well. Exceptions are some lesser rep sites and if you have any spam-ware in your system.
    I've got popups blocked 6 ways from Sunday. What I've got is:
    See that little "Your as here" banner at the top of this page? And it's got 5 or 6 fishing shirts spread across it for sale. Or it's got a series of splitter and jumper units from Radio shack. or ......

And that is the same on any site that posts ads from commercial offers.