Thread: Long Term Unemployment at Highest Level Since WWII

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Long Term Unemployment at Highest Level Since WWII 
    Long term unemployment under President Obama is at the highest level since at least the end of World War II, threatening to create a permanent underclass of workers who will find it difficult or impossible to obtain jobs in the future. What’s more, Obama’s insistence on repeatedly extending long term unemployment benefits may be fueling the unemployment problem.

According to data recently released by the St. Louis Federal Reserve, the average duration of unemployment is now at about 40 weeks, double the previous highest level of about 20 weeks that prevailed during the last three recessions.

A separate paper released by the Boston Federal Reserve paints a pernicious picture of the problem: Employers seem to be throwing out the resumes of the long-term unemployed and only hiring those who have been without a job for less than six months. Meanwhile, with the guarantee of benefits rolling in, the long term jobless might not be looking aggressively enough for work, the paper states.

This suggests those who just had their unemployment benefits renewed for another year under this month’s fiscal cliff deal may need the benefits renewed again next year. And since the failure to get jobs is related solely to the length of unemployment – age, education and worker type do not seem to be a factor – Obama’s ambitious plans for funding worker training programs may have little effect.

Since 2008, Congress has voted to extend unemployment benefits ten times at a cost of more than $500 billion. The latest extension raised federal spending by $30 billion.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...st-level-wwii/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Well...so much for Lanie/Bridget's propaganda piece about Obama the Great Employer.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

We all know that for his second term, Obama inhereted the worse economy since Reconstruction.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

They are not unemployed. They are documented non-workers.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Obama will soon issue an executive order that they are working.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Obama will soon issue an executive order that they are working.
    Or an EO saying that companies MUST hire these people.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Or an EO saying that companies MUST hire these people.
    You have to wonder if this is a racist attempt by these documented non-workers to make Obama look bad?

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Well...so much for Lanie/Bridget's propaganda piece about Obama the Great Employer.
    Tx, I would consider reading your article and responding to it if only I had a small bit of respect for you. You're nothing but a piece of trash who sets out to hurt those you don't like (like 99.9% of all liberals in this case). Go screw yourself. I'm finished with trying to extend an olive branch. Doesn't mean we have to be at war, but I'm done. No responding to your posts out of respect, no debate. I'm done.

(Deep breath). That felt much better.

9. #9 Long Term Unemployment at Highest Level Since WWII 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Tx, I would consider reading your article and responding to it if only I had a small bit of respect for you. You're nothing but a piece of trash who sets out to hurt those you don't like (like 99.9% of all liberals in this case). Go screw yourself. I'm finished with trying to extend an olive branch. Doesn't mean we have to be at war, but I'm done. No responding to your posts out of respect, no debate. I'm done.

Translated: I'm too much too an intellectual coward to accept facts and prefer to remain isolated in my Libtard bubble.

You're such a dishonest little shit Bridget. Always have and always will be.

All that bullshit talk about wanting to understand conservatives...all your claims about changing your viewpoint on issues...begging us to believe you when you claimed you weren't like the other Libtards and all the while using that as a cover to spew your leftist bullshit and have a laugh at our expense.
    You don't like me because I don't buy your act. I don't feel sorry for poor picked on "aww shucks" Bridget the Affirmative Action troll...given membership here like a minority hire at a business to comply with the law.

You don't like me because I tell you what a lot of people here think but are more polite than I am about it.

Little misunderstood Lanie...Claim to take the high road...and all the while getting your snide snarky digs in and Libtard talking points posted yet again...talk about how you aren't going to respond to my posts etc etc and yet here you are...responding to my posts.

And you have the gall to insinuate that I'M dishonest?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by txradioguy; 01-18-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf