Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Whole Foods is nice, but it's way overpriced. They're actually building one in Detroit, I drove by it yesterday, it looks almost done. Saturday mornings at Whole Foods are awesome, though, because it's like Hickory Farms used to be every day, free sample-wise!
    The one here used to be big on the free samples but being next to the bus station, it's full of bums...I mean homeless.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Rut-Roh!!! DUmmies pissed at Whole Foods. Again.

You vill NOT be critical of Lord Obama!!!!

If your company caters to liberals, you can't piss them off too much.
    Last edited by Lanie; 01-18-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Whole Foods is nice, but it's way overpriced. They're actually building one in Detroit, I drove by it yesterday, it looks almost done. Saturday mornings at Whole Foods are awesome, though, because it's like Hickory Farms used to be every day, free sample-wise!

Whole Foods is ridiculous in prices. I used to get milk from there because I like the idea of having milk without anti-biotics in them. When I checked the prices of meat and soy products, I thought they were out of their minds. Now, I'm not close to a Whole Foods, and I've discovered that I can get some of what I used to get from Whole Foods at Food Lion or another store.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    If your company caters to liberals, you can't piss them off to much.
    I think just as many conservatives as liberals have been scammed by the organic food industry.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I think just as many conservatives as liberals have been scammed by the organic food industry.

That's for sure! I've told SLW that organic BS is...well, BS. Now that is organic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That's for sure! I've told SLW that organic BS is...well, BS. Now that is organic!!!
    I was fooled into the organic food thing from about 1986-1990, i had subscriptions to mother earth news, organic gardening and a couple of commercial publications. I wanted to grow and sell organic fruit and produce, after 4 years of ruined fruit and eating buggy vegetables(what few were left after grasshoppers stripped the trees and plants of all their leaves) I finally said to hell with it and got a pesticide license. Four years later my neighbor's meth lab exploded and burned the whole orchard down, I had two fruit trees left but the drought killed one last year.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I was fooled into the organic food thing from about 1986-1990, i had subscriptions to mother earth news, organic gardening and a couple of commercial publications. I wanted to grow and sell organic fruit and produce, after 4 years of ruined fruit and eating buggy vegetables(what few were left after grasshoppers stripped the trees and plants of all their leaves) I finally said to hell with it and got a pesticide license. Four years later my neighbor's meth lab exploded and burned the whole orchard down, I had two fruit trees left but the drought killed one last year.

Dear God!!!!

I have to show this to SLW!!!!!

I think everybody likes the idea of getting stuff fresh and more pure. Conservatives often live in small towns, knows who is who, and know where to get the fresh stuff without being charged an arm and a leg. Whole Foods has always struck me as a place targeting liberals. I remember one of the first ones I ever saw was across from the UU church I used to attend years ago. Of course, the other one I was familiar with in the area was across from Wal-Mart. I'd go to Wal-Mart for one thing, and then go across the street. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I think everybody likes the idea of getting stuff fresh and more pure. Conservatives often live in small towns, knows who is who, and know where to get the fresh stuff without being charged an arm and a leg. Whole Foods has always struck me as a place targeting liberals. I remember one of the first ones I ever saw was across from the UU church I used to attend years ago. Of course, the other one I was familiar with in the area was across from Wal-Mart. I'd go to Wal-Mart for one thing, and then go across the street. lol.
    The stuff that actually is grown organically although most is not because it is grown in other countries without any kind of enforcement, it is very labor intensive, netting has to be spread and insects hand picked from the product. Are you suggesting the Hispanic farm worker in Mexico or other parts of south America or the Chinese farmer in China work for less money, they are already poor? you do know about the human fecal matter on the vegetables because of the use of organic rather than nitrate fertilizer. Most of the recalls in recent history have been because of e coli and other bacteria from fecal matter.
    Conventionally grown vegetables are washed intensively to remove all traces of insecticide, foreign grown organics not so much.
    Enjoy your poop and bug fragments, I guess it's worth a little more because of the added protein.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 01-18-2013 at 08:45 PM.

The stuff that actually is grown organically although most is not because it is grown in other countries without any kind of enforcement, it is very labor intensive, netting has to be spread and insects hand picked from the product. Are you suggesting the Hispanic farm worker in Mexico or other parts of south America or the Chinese farmer in China work for less money, they are already poor? you do know about the human fecal matter on the vegetables because of the use of organic rather than nitrate fertilizer. Most of the recalls in recent history have been because of e coli and other bacteria from fecal matter.
    Conventionally grown vegetables are washed intensively to remove all traces of insecticide, foreign grown organics not so much.
    Enjoy your poop and bug fragments, I guess it's worth a little more because of the added protein.
    I didn't suggest anything about the workers involved.

I don't care so much about produce. I figure I can just wash out the pesticide. What can't be washed out is anti-biotics. I like the idea of having eggs, milk, and meat without anti-biotics in them.