Thread: Hockey!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hockey!!!! 
    The only sport I really care about, whether my team is winning or not. Luckily, my team usually wins a lot more games than they lose, and have made the playoffs pretty much every year for the past couple of decades (although they tend to choke in the first round).

Red Wings play Saturday on the road, and next week at home (once the North American Auto Show is over). Zetterberg begins his first season as captain.

I have two favorite sports, football because I played it in school, and baseball because it's a game for young boys and old men.

Games like basketball, hockey and soccer don't interest me because they are continuous action sports. I like to sit back and enjoy the tactics and strategies of thinking games, and not the reaction games.

Besides, when I played football, it was mostly on the defensive line - and I loved to HIT!

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Yay! Hockey. Go Tampa Bay!!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    I have two favorite sports, football because I played it in school, and baseball because it's a game for young boys and old men.

Games like basketball, hockey and soccer don't interest me because they are continuous action sports. I like to sit back and enjoy the tactics and strategies of thinking games, and not the reaction games.

Besides, when I played football, it was mostly on the defensive line - and I loved to HIT!
    When I was little, my home town had a NHL team they moved and became the NJ Devils. but after we moved down to Tampa my company sponsored a charity golf tourney. and guess what my team won, it had nothing to do whatsoever with my skills (of lack there of) with a golf club. Any how first prize were opening night tickets to the Ice Palace, (now the St Pete Times Forum). I knew jack shit about hockey, but I do now. you want to see probably the most athletic athletes? Go to a hockey game. and if you truly do love hitting, how can you not like hockey?

The year the Lighting won the Stanley Cup...man what a ride. Then the next season was the first lock out.
    Last edited by Bongo55; 01-17-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    Onward Thru the Fog

Was your home town Denver or Kansas City?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Go PENS!!

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Was your home town Denver or Kansas City?
    Kansas City.
    Onward Thru the Fog

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post

I liked the NBA in the 80s, when there were some truly great players in the game. I particularly liked the Pistons of the late 80s, with Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman(before he went totally nuts), Dumars, etc. Except Isiah, who has proven himself to be a sexist pig as manager of the Knicks. Now, the game is filled with tattooed punks.

I like the fast-paced sports, as far as viewing goes. I'm a klutz who never learned to ice skate, and who tried and failed at basketball in 7th grade. It keeps my attention, because there is always something happening.

I liked to play the slow-paced sports-softball/baseball and football. I was only good at softball during the slow-pitch years. But powderpuff football? I ruled as a defensive player because I was tall and I didn't have to be fast, I just had to be able to stand still when some stupid little girl tried to run into me. I never got hurt.

Then there's coed mud football, but that's something our youth group leader only allowed once, because it's really just an excuse for teenaqers to fondle each other.

I'm boycotting them for this season. That should show them.
    Be Not Afraid.

Home town?

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Kansas City.
    I grew up in KC when the Blues were a Yankee farm club, and the Monarchs were in the Negro League. Then the Athletics came and went, followed by basketball (aka Kings) and hockey (aka Blues) - all gone now.

At least the Royals got into two World Series winning one, and the Chiefs won one of it's two Superbowls appearances.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA