1. #1 Sheriff: I would be violating the law if I enforced unconstitutional law 

Sheriff Cannon: I would be violating the law if I enforced unconstitutional law

Charleston County’s Sheriff Al Cannon voiced his opposition to proposed national gun restrictions in the wake of the Newtown, Conn. shooting.

During a press conference this morning, Cannon said people are “taking advantage of broken hearts” to push the gun agenda.

He also told reporters he would be violating the law if he enforced a law that was unconstutional. “An officer is obligated not to follow any unlawful order,” Cannon said.

During the press conference, Cannon dumped bullets out of a revolver and said: “The only way I can hurt you with this is if I hit you with it.”

Cannon also said banning assault weapons won’t guarantee the safety of students and blamed the “general erosion of morals and ethics in society” as the contributing factor to gun violence.

“Criminals don’t obey laws. They’re not going to turn in their 30-round magazines,” Cannon said.

More@ThePostandCourier

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I hear that a sheriff doesn't have to enforce a federal law but he can't stop a federal officer from enforcing it. There was a case about this very thing...
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

“Criminals don’t obey laws. They’re not going to turn in their 30-round magazines,” Cannon said.
    Neither am I.

"There's no way to rule innocent men.
    The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
    Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.
    One declares so many things to be a crime
    that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

----Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged---
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Another Sheriff ...

Collin County Sheriff Won't Enforce Gun Laws That He Says Violate Constitution
    Sheriff says in a statement he, nor deputies, will enforce laws that violate the constitution

Collin County Sheriff Terry Box says he, nor his deputies, will enforce unconstitutional gun laws put in place by whom he calls misguided politicians. >>>

>>>>

The longtime sheriff posted the statement on his personal Facebook page over the weekend after he said he was asked by hundreds of people urging him to do it.

Box's statement was posted just days after President Barack Obama signed a series of executive orders intended to reduce gun violence.

In a phone conversation with NBC 5 Monday, Box explained further:

"I think anytime we have a national tragedy that lawmakers in Washington and sometimes in Austin try to, what I call, a knee-jerk reaction on trying to make the public feel safe and try to create new laws. There is plenty of laws on the book that are being enforced, I hope we can prevent these tragedies."

The sheriff said nearly 200 people have commented on his Facebook page since posting the statement and that all but a few of them support his message.

More@NBCDFWNews

Still another ...

Missouri Sheriffs Pledge To Not Enforce Obama’s Gun Control Laws

JOHNSON COUNTY, Mo (KMOX) – As President Barack Obama continues to push gun control proposals in Washington D.C., Sheriff Charles M. Heiss, R-Johnson County is asking fellow law enforcers to sign and send this letter to the president.

The letter expresses concern with the Obama administration and the president’s gun control laws he laid out before Congress last week.

“It appears to me and many Americans that there is a genuine desire on the part of your administration to restrict the Second Amendment rights of law abiding American citizens in the interest of curbing gun violence in our nation,” Heiss wrote. “Any attempt to restrict these Second Amendment rights through executive order is unconstitutional and tantamount to an all-out assault on the United States Constitution.” >>>

Newly elected Sheriff Michael Dixon, R-Osage County is one of about a dozen sheriffs in Missouri to have signed and sent Heiss’ letter.

“On the same day the President is taking his oath to uphold the Constitution, he continues to attack our 2nd Amendment rights,” Dixon said. “As Osage County Sheriff, I also took an Oath to the Constitution; but unlike Obama, I intend to uphold mine.”

Dixon also announced his support of Missouri house bill (HB 170). The bill, introduced last week, would make criminals of any law enforcement official, local, state or federal, who tried to enforce any of President Obama’s gun control initiatives, whether executive orders or passed by Congress.

More@StLouisCBSLocal

We are not alone. Charleston S.C, Collins Texas and Johnson Mo. There are so many upstanding folk out there. But isnt a shame we couldnt get one of these people to replace the spineless GOP leadership in the House and the Senate? Especially that despicable kneepad Boehner?