Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The most frightening article I've ever come across... 
    Start here...
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-far-right-us/
    (snip)

A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”

(snip)
    ...and continue...http://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/challe...lent-far-right
    (snip)

In the last few years, and especially since 2007, there has been a dramatic rise in the number of attacks and violent plots originating from individuals and groups who self-identify with the far-right of American politics.

(snip)
    Here is the Dr.Arie Perliger.

Where does it all go? It all here...
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...versus-the-nra
    (snip)

President Obama on Wednesday initiated a high-stakes gun-control fight with Congress and the National Rifle Association (NRA),...

(snip)

Obama and the White House made it clear they will enjoy a combative fight over the issue with Republicans,...

(snip)

The fight between Obama and the NRA also turned personal Wednesday, with a new NRA ad that accused the president of hypocrisy for having armed guards protect his daughters at school.

“Are the president’s kids more important than yours?” the ad’s narrator asks. “Then why is he ‘skeptical’ about putting armed security in our schools when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school?”

(snip)

“The president has the most exciting campaign apparatus ever built,” former spokesman Robert Gibbs told MSNBC. “It’s time to turn that loose. It’s time to turn that loose for something more than just an election. If the NRA’s got a list, then Obama for America has a bigger list, and it is time to get activated again.”
    Three guesses (the first two don't count) that hussein uses that "West Point study" against the NRA.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Sorry, I was so pissed, I double posted.......
    Last edited by marv; 01-18-2013 at 02:23 PM.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I started to laugh when I found the article - the actual article, not the Washington Post link - because it started with this disclaimer:
    The Views Expressed in This Report do not reflect those of The Combating Terrorism Center, U.S. Military Academy, Department of Defense, or U.S. Government.
    http://www.ctc.usma.edu/wp-content/u...eSidelines.pdf

It's all kind of funny. They publish a paper (148 pages) edited by one of their own, publish it on their website, and then try to distance themselves. "It ain't us, it's just him...........who is one of us."

It's mostly chin-stroker stuff. On page 13 he begins to "Conceptualize the far right" and finally finishes "conceptualizing" on page 18.

Here's a beauty for you:
    In the context of the far-right worldview, nationalism takes an extreme form of full convergence between one polity or territory and one ethnic or national collective.23 Two elements are required for the fulfillment of this version of the nationalist doctrine. The first is that of internal homogenization, i.e., the aspiration that all residents or citizens of the polity will share the same national origin and ethnic characteristics.24 The second is the element of external exclusiveness, the aspiration that all individuals belonging to a specific national or ethnic group will reside in the homeland.25 As will be demonstrated later, in the context of the American far-right the tendency is to emphasize the first element. Several explanations can be provided for that inclination........

Some guys get a kick out of writing like that. Some even get paid.

If I were a conservative, I would want to avoid the far-right label as much as I want to avoid a far-left label as a liberal.

I don't want to get into a which side's extreme is worse argument, because I don't think that the posters here are on the extreme right, nor am I on the extreme left (I like money and material possessions). But I don't want to be viewed as having the same political standpoint as Bill Ayers, for example, just as most of you don't want to be viewed as sharing your politics with the activists who feel justified in killing an ob/gyn if that doctor performs abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Sorry, I was so pissed, I double posted.......
    No apology needed!

Am saving your URLS so that I can print them out to read in their entirety on the weekend.

Have not the time at the moment.

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If I were a conservative, I would want to avoid the far-right label as much as I want to avoid a far-left label as a liberal.
    Noonie ...

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

I don't care what I am called, and what's more important ... neither does my gun!

EDITED to add to my "signature."

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 01-18-2013 at 03:55 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

The writer has a Leftist sociology definition of Nationalism, not a political science one...the same kind of masturbatory pseudo-intellectual overanalysis that decrees Blacks cannot be racist, and women cannot be sexist.

And West Pointers wonder why people think they're hyper-political shitheads.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I don't want to get into a which side's extreme is worse argument, because I don't think that the posters here are on the extreme right, nor am I on the extreme left (I like money and material possessions). But I don't want to be viewed as having the same political standpoint as Bill Ayers, for example, just as most of you don't want to be viewed as sharing your politics with the activists who feel justified in killing an ob/gyn if that doctor performs abortions.
    Definition; far right is some one who believes the constitution should be followed with the same meaning as when it was written.
    Wouldn't it be more accurate to call it far center?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Definition; far right is some one who believes the constitution should be followed with the same meaning as when it was written.
    Wouldn't it be more accurate to call it far center?
    Why aren't we calling it "America and everyone that is an American citizen that lives in America".
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Why aren't we calling it "America and everyone that is an American citizen that lives in America".
    Too easy and we need the groups to pit against each other.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg