Thread: LBJ made clear where he stood when it came to the BFEE

1. #1 LBJ made clear where he stood when it came to the BFEE 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Octafish of course...

Fri Jan 18, 2013, 02:52 PM
    Octafish

LBJ made clear where he stood when it came to the BFEE

From 1973, talking about 1968:

So Johnson suffered the election in silence, swallowing his nitroglycerin tablets to thwart continual chest pains, endorsing McGovern through a hill country weekly newspaper, meeting cordially with the candidate at the ranch. The newspapers showed a startling picture of Johnson, his hair almost shoulder-length. Former aide Bob Hardesty takes credit for this development. "We were working together one day," Hardesty recalls, "and he said, in passing, 'Robert, you need a haircut.' I told him, 'Mr. President, I'm letting my hair grow so no one will be able to mistake me for those SOB's in the White House.' He looked startled, so I explained, 'You know, that bunch around Nixon—Haldeman, Ehrlichman—they all have very short hair.' He nodded. The next time I saw him his hair was growing over his collar."

SOURCE: "The Last Days of the President: LBJ in retirement" by Leo Janos, The Atlantic, July 1973

http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs...3jul/janos.htm

Stand up. Let your freak flag fly.

Gotta love Octa and...

Response to MrSlayer (Reply #1)
    Fri Jan 18, 2013, 03:27 PM
    zappaman

3. Shhhhhhh!!!!!

Everything connects back to the BFEE, don't cha know?

May the FORCE be with you!

Ahh, LBJ, the perfect Liberal...crooked as a dog's hind leg, psycho, back-stabbing, phony...

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Ahh, LBJ, the perfect Liberal...crooked as a dog's hind leg, psycho, back-stabbing, phony...
    And racist. Lets not forget that.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    I had to google bfee

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I had to google bfee
    Show some respect, it's BFEE.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And racist. Lets not forget that.

According to Oliver Stone's movie, he might have even had a hand in JFK's assassination.

LBJ died when I was a kid, and I really don't remember him like I remember other politicians from my childhood, like Nixon or Ford. My parents didn't like him-my mom liked Humphrey and JFK, and my dad liked Goldwater and Nixon. Their mutual dislike of LBJ may have been one of the few things in politics they agreed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    According to Oliver Stone's movie, he might have even had a hand in JFK's assassination.
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Oh, and did I leave out cowardly? The real story behind his WWII service and baloney award of a heroism medal makes John Kerry look like a real Audie Murphy by comparison.

That's what happens when you spend your entire life on drugs and drunk and then try to make a movie: you get all the facts wrong and then pretend that you didn't. Welcome to Oliver Stone's drug-addled world.

Oliver Stone makes some fairly interesting movies, but JFK was a colossal, steaming pile of bullshit. Even Stone himself admitted as much back when it came out. Kevin Costner did some pretty good acting, as did Joe Pesci and Tommy Lee Jones, but virtually nothing in that film even remotely approaches the truth. Loose Change is more factually accurate than JFK. In the real world, Jim Garrison was a stark-raving loon, the Orly Taitz of his day, except that he managed to keep himself in office while he was pursuing his moonbattery. Welcome to Louisiana.

LBJ died when I was a kid, and I really don't remember him like I remember other politicians from my childhood, like Nixon or Ford. My parents didn't like him-my mom liked Humphrey and JFK, and my dad liked Goldwater and Nixon. Their mutual dislike of LBJ may have been one of the few things in politics they agreed upon.
    LBJ was a son of a bitch and no one ever liked him, even from his childhood. He was a notorious back-stabber and pretty much the epitome of a cartoonish politician. Almost every election he went through was thoroughly steeped in unmitigated corruption of one form or another.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

LBJ was a son of a bitch and no one ever liked him, even from his childhood. He was a notorious back-stabber and pretty much the epitome of a cartoonish politician. Almost every election he went through was thoroughly steeped in unmitigated corruption of one form or another.
    I used to live in San Antonio. The only thing positive I can say is Lady Bird was a good businesswoman and planted lots of Texas bluebonnets along the highways in Texas. That legacy lives on. Their daughter Linda was in my sorority, but not at the same college. And LBJ was a SOB.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"